Good footswitch for the MOD Duo

There’s a lot of options posted already below: but in case you’re interested in DIY electronics (I know not all are…) its relatively easy to get MIDI output from an Arduino, and use it with a MOD!

The lovely folks over at LMP even have a tutorial for building a sequcener:
http://libremusicproduction.com/tutorials/arduino-and-midi-out

The Arduino tutorial is good for understanding the basics:
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/Midi

I think the power of using an Arduino and building your own MIDI controller is huge - total control* over button layout, functionality and FX :smiley:

*some electronics / programming effort required :wink:

3 Likes

Hi!

Can you use the actition 4 button midi foot switch for program change?

Hej Svein Erik, small world! :slight_smile:

You can read about the Actition here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ActitioN-4-Button-USB-MIDI-Footswitch-MIDI-Foot-Controller-for-PC-Mac-iPad/222712579655?hash=item33dab44647:g:tB0AAOSwNsdXTWha

I only use it as on/off switches, but I guess you could cycle presets w one button, or possibly make each button do a “scene” within a pedalboard - haven’t tried that, though…

Good luck with your Mod Duo, it’s a wonderful pedal that just keeps on growing! :slight_smile: Bjarne

As already mentioned elsewhere on this forum, I’ve found that the MOD Duo works great with the KMI SoftStep 2 :slight_smile:

1 Like

:open_mouth: Hei gamle mester! Så gøy at du også har denne :smile:

I just got the ActitioN 4 and it’s working fine with my Mod. Thanks for the tip!
I have not found a way to cycle presets yet. So I ended up making banks with 4 different pedalboards and use one button to recall each one of them.

Do you have any favorite plug-ins, Bjarne? I’d love to hear what you can do with it :sunglasses:

Kærlig Hilsen
Svein Erik

Sounds good, I’ll probably try that, too - making banks I mean…

I use just this one pedalboard most of the time, can’t be shared since it has a couple of unstable plugins, but here’s a screenshot:

3 Likes

Has anyone tried the Disaster Area DMC-4 Gen3? I’ve got and am having very little luck in getting it talking to my MOD Duo.

Personally I advise the Morningstar MC6

4 Likes

Are you using one now?

I am waiting for the mod duo x that I ordered. But for now I use it with the Line6 HX Stomp. It is a midi pedalboard very versatile and very simple to program.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve done a little more research into the MC6 and I really like the gui interface, among other things. I’m going to sell the DMC-4 and get the MC6. The price difference is not that great, and I’ve got several other things I need to sell also, so it’s really a no-brainer.

I’m sure I’ll be pestering the forum once I get the MC6!

Thanks again for your input.

1 Like

A cheep option is the ART X15 Ultrafoot.
Has two modes.
One mode has labels like delay/reverb /distortion so its easy to match to mod duo boards and still remember what switch does what.
The other mode is program select which you can use to switch bank/presets

I just posted a related post here, regarding the old Zoom 9050 foot controller:

Does anyone know if the Harley Benton MP-100 MIDI Foot Controller will work with the Dwarf?

1 Like

If it’s MIDI it will

2 Likes

Hello @klowy
You can find more info in this thread also:

I think that @redcloud have tested this Harley Benton MP-100.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting know. I’ll check it out.

1 Like

I am a new user of MOD Dwarf. I immediately have several questions about using the device.

1. I use a Fishman Tripleplay MIDI device in the USB A port of the MOD device. Everything works as it should. But I want to buy a Harley Benton MP-100 footswitch, because there are few switches left. When connecting the HB MP-100 footswitch to the MOD Dwarf MIDI-IN port, can there be a conflict that the USB Midi port will interfere with the MIDI-IN port? Does anyone have this experience?
  2. how difficult is it to set up a MOD unit with an MP-100 footswitch? Is there a tutorial or guide?
    I will be grateful if someone can help me find a solution to my questions.
2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @AntiT.

1. The midi inputs into Mod can be aggregated or separated, you can choose. Two inputs unto USB A can be problematic, but one USB and the other 5-pin DIN midi are not. If you’re using Tripleplay, you may get 2 inputs – if I’m not mistaken, one is “Tripleplay Controller” and the other is “Tripleplay [something else I don’t remember now]”. If possible, select only one so you don’t get double triggers (it happens with some VST synths.) Also, block channel 8 active sensing completely.

2. Midi mapping with MOD is as straightforward as it is with any DAW software: click map, move the switch, and it’s mapped. As to the MP-100 footswitch and what it can do, you will need to check its manual.

There are other options for footswitches you may consider: Behringer’s tried and tested FCB1000, Morningstar MC6, etc. There has been a long discussion about the Midi Chocolate pedal.

Good luck.

2 Likes