In using the GxSD2Lead on a pedalboard I noted there is an audible sound dropout when switching the effect off and that the overall gain level of the pedalboard is diminished noticeably after using it even if it is switched off again. If I reload the pedalboard on the MOD then the volume level is restored until I use the GxSD2Lead again. Other overdrive effects like the GxTubeScreamer don’t exhibit the same dropout when switched on and off. I really like the subtle Overdrive of the GxSD2Lead, it is probably one of the best simulations out there but the Pedal is unusable in it’s current state.
How to reproduce
- Add GxSDLead2 to a fresh new pedalboard.
- Engage and disengage the plugin while playing, to hear dropout.
- Pay attention to overall gain before and after using the plugin.
I’d expect it to behave like the other Overdrive plugins with no audible dropout or reduction in volume after using it.
Open the controller menu (hold left knob down), navigate to Info > Versions and write down here the versions.
- release: Latest 1.4 release
Also provide some information about your system if possible.
- Operating system: (Linux)
- System version: (AV Linux 2017/Debian Stretch)