Hi! Come Introduce Yourself!

Welcome @kduck!!!

Hi,

I’m a software engineer and musician based just outside of the Melbourne metro area in Australia. I’ve been playing guitar my whole life (I’m nearly 50), and making electronic music for about 20 years. My main setup for a while has been Maschine (along with a huge library of NI and Arturia synths and effects), but I’ve just ordered a MOD Duo X and foot switch.

I joined the forum because I want to develop plugins, and I failed at the first hurdle building the mod-plugin-builder environment - both on Linux and the Docker image on my Mac. I wanted to post in the Developer or Bugs area but wasn’t able to.

github . com/moddevices/mod-plugin-builder/blob/master/plugins-dep/package/libmodla/libmodla.mk is specifying a URL that doesn’t exist (web1 . moddevices . com/shared/libmodla-v1.2.3-aarch64-a53.tar.gz) and the build process fails. (Had to edit the URLs so they’d post - add http and remove spaces).

Please help!

Thanks,
Zappso

Hi @zappso, welcome. Looks like you manage to catch a problem with our recent data migration. Let’s take that in a separate post. Should be an easy fix.

Hi,

I’m a UX/UI designer by day, bass player by night :smile:

Almost daily lurker here since ordering the Dwarf— very excited by the possibilities it offers someone like me who gets to play lots of different types of music in lots of different types of settings.

One of the big things that attracted me was the ability to run a synth bass (Midi over USB) and bass guitar through the same unit. :raised_hands:

Hoped to ask this question in a new thread but either I couldn’t find the button, or new accounts aren’t able to create posts. Mods feel free to move this part to a new post if that makes things easier.

Does anyone have any tips for managing multiple instruments through saved pedalboards / snapshots?

I’m imagining there might be situations where I want preset 1, 2, 3 for the bass and preset X, Y, Z for the synth. My understanding of the docs means I would have to make multiple combinations (eg. 1X, 1Y, 1Z, 2X etc) or get creative with A/B boxes… Is that understanding correct?

Are there useful workarounds anyone has found, or ways of setting it up that could make life easier for this sort of thing?

Really been enjoying reading the conversations for the last 5 or so months. Hoping to use my skills to make some positive contributions to the community in the future!

Great to say hello to you all :wave:

2 Likes

Hi @danmh,

Great to have you here! I just bumped your forum rights so you can post new threads :wink:

Also looking forward to your contributions!

Cheers @dwek

Post if anyone wants to follow along: Managing multiple instruments - req for advice

Hello, I’m very close to ordering a mod duo x, but like most people I have some questions!

Would this be the place to ask?

I’ve had a scout around the forums and it does seem to be full of knowledgeable people, so I’m sure I’ll get an answer

Thanks all

Hi @Gordon_Strange, welcome to our community. Yes, absolutely this is the place to ask questions. Feel free to create a new post. I just set your trust level to basic - since you’re clearly not a bot, or maybe a very nice bot which deserves being trusted :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hahaha I’ve become sentient!

Thanks @acunha I shall post my questions in the forum.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Hello MOD community,

My name is Anita and I joined MOD Devices about a year ago as a Creative Marketing Coordinator. I haven’t had the chance to introduce myself here yet but better late than never, as they say :slight_smile: From the very beginning, I have been excited about the company itself, our talended, incredibly-friendly team and, of course, the MOD products. Recently I have also become the leader of the Content Machine where we’ve been working on creating features videos, plugin demos, tutorials and much much more - all of this coming very soon.

Outside of MOD I’m a violinist with a degree in Sound Engineering. I have a passion for audio mastering, sound synthesis and creating field recording-based music.

I’m looking forward to getting to know the MOD forum part of the community!

11 Likes

Welcom Anita!

1 Like

Hi there !
I’m an IT professional (system/storage oriented) and also a guitarist. I like tube amps and vintage guitars but modelisation got me (for the sake of saving space at home mostly :slight_smile: ). I currently own a m**er unit (the big one in 2020) and I’m pretty happy with it.
But as open source philosophy always was dear to my heart I could’nt stay cold to the whole MOD project. So I’m seriously thinking of preordering a mod dwarf.
Anyway, big up to the dev and HW teams for bringing this poject to life.
So hope to speak to the community soon on several subjects,
Best regards !!
PE

5 Likes

A warm welcome to you! I am sure you’re going to like being part of the MOD community :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thx a lot, I’m sure I will :wink:

1 Like

Hello. First-time reader; first-time poster.

I had been on the fence for a while about going in on the Dwarf preorder but I finally took the plunge and now I’m on the forum telling you about it.

I’m looking forward to February!

Let’s hope the round-trip latency of this thing is below 6 milliseconds! :pray:

1 Like

Also, how come I can’t post a new topic or edit my post?

normal stuff for new users, to prevent spam and bots.
just wait a bit after your first post.

He-hey! Hi Everyone, quick introduction.

Retired Englishman living in beautiful Austria, Carinthia. Love to have fun with my small Eurorack module system even though I don’t really know what I am doing. Have a few other small units such as the 1010 Music Blackbox. Very pleased to have added the Mod Duo X to the collection. Also, recently started sound recording.

Looking forward to following posts on the forum and using the Duo X …
Cheers Davey :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Loris. I await the arrival of the Dwarf in Italy to play lots of good music.

6 Likes

Hi Loris, hope that you can share some videos with us of the good music you will be making with the Dwarf as soon as you get your hands on it :wink: