Hi! Come Introduce Yourself!

Hi, just acquired a MOD Dwarf and I sadly discover that the project is in disarray.

My config is with the system OS 1.10.4.2380.
If someone has the file of the new version moddwarf-v1.11.6.2909.tar It will be nice to share it.

Fred.

3 Likes

You can find it here:

3 Likes

Very many thanks.

3 Likes

14 posts were split to a new topic: Experience in shop trying the MOD Dwarf

Hej there!
Indiegogo supporter of the dwarf here. I‘ve been reading regularly in this forum waiting for my dwarf to arrive for quite a while now. And while I still have not received it I did learn a lot about open source software, hardware design choices, and especially how different crises cause problems for businesses and therefore for regular people working at those companies (not just the regular „oh, hardware is really expensive nowadays since the chip shortage and everything“ but a more in depth view). And even in the recent days and weeks you gave us insights in your company that I believe others would not give.
When I found out about the dwarf (I think the first time I fell for an ad consciously) I thought it was the perfect device for me, providing me with a lightweight rig for my guitar as well as opening the door to the world of synths for me. Both at a very affordable price with an appealing user interface.
It was the first time for me to crowdfund anything and honestly I didn’t expect it to be such a thrilling time waiting. Since I‘ve been following your journey in this forum for more than two years now and not knowing what the near future will bring I just wanted to use the opportunity and say hi. I really looked forward to owning a mod dwarf. And thank you for your efforts I guess. It must have been much harder times for you than for me.
Hoping the best
Finn

13 Likes

Greetings from San Diego, California, USA. I have a regular Duo that I purchased used a month ago but I LOVE this whole ecosystem and I hope for the best for all the team.

I have hit the cpu limit of the DUO on a couple of pedalboards I was building, but with SO MANY plugin choices, having a hard edge helps me focus on keeping it simple. I am learning a new trick every day!

I chose MOD since the editor is open as I have had bad experiences with older hybrid gear that gets left behind when Apple upgrades their OS. So it seems the perfect balance of accessibility and capability.

I am using a Line 6 FBV Shortboard and it pairs perfectly.

9 Likes

Hi @ignis32
I’m been finally catching up on this thread and just wanted to say good to see another Chapman Stick playing using a Mod device!
I’ve got a Grand Stick and find that the Mod Dwarf is the perfect tool that has also helped to reduce my GAS!
How are you getting on with it now?

By the way, the Dwarf fits in the pocket on the soft Stick case so it’s perfect for going to small gigs and open mic nights!

Ian

6 Likes

Hi @Gabry_Stick,

I also play the stick and use it with the Mod Duo and (mostly) Mod Dwarf. Hope you’re getting on OK with it - I find it’s the perfect tool for the job.

Ian

5 Likes

Hi
I’m Mark, a multi instrumentalist (but always a bass player at heart)
I was about to buy a Dwarf when the company announced their troubles, so I joined the forum, asked lots of questions and waited to see how thing resolved.
I’m happy to say I got my brand new Dwarf yesterday and was blown away by how much it has straight out of the box. It was a late night! Can’t wait to see what the plugin store has on offer now.
I’m very happy for all involved that MOD breaths new life.

11 Likes

Quick question while I think about it, how do you program effects to have tails once switched off?
Thanks!

2 Likes

I use an A/B switch to go through or around the plugin rather than toggle plugin on/off.

Hope that helps

8 Likes

Yes that’s a great idea, thanks! Out of interest, is there usually a toggle on plugin too?

2 Likes

Glad you’re enjoying your Dwarf! I use mine every day :smile:

Some plugins have controls for trails, many do not. What you’ll find is that there is a lot of variation among the plugins.

4 Likes

I’ll enjoy exploring :grin:
@danmh has a good work around for me to try though :+1:

2 Likes

you can even get a step further by using the slew rate:

5 Likes

Hi, I’m Mike. Mainly a bass player, some guitar, and a very teeny tiny amount of keyboards. I’ve got a Duo bought second-hand, and a Dwarf bought from Thomann recently (bought after everything went titsup, with my eyes wide open). Intending to start experimenting soon.

11 Likes

Please share with us your experiments :slight_smile: #contribute:content is a great place to do it :wink:

2 Likes

Hi I’m new here! Just trying to figure out how to post in another category, is there a time delay or something?

3 Likes

I’m selling a Mod Dwarf in excellent condition if anyone’s interested! Can’t seem to add the link but it’s on Reverb in London, UK.

1 Like

You need to interact a bit to raise the forum trust levels or someone needs to manually do it for you. I just did the second.
Can you share with us why are you selling your MOD Dwarf? Maybe the thread where you share the link would actually be better to do it.

2 Likes