Hi! Come Introduce Yourself!

Quick question while I think about it, how do you program effects to have tails once switched off?
Thanks!

2 Likes

I use an A/B switch to go through or around the plugin rather than toggle plugin on/off.

Hope that helps

8 Likes

Yes that’s a great idea, thanks! Out of interest, is there usually a toggle on plugin too?

2 Likes

Glad you’re enjoying your Dwarf! I use mine every day :smile:

Some plugins have controls for trails, many do not. What you’ll find is that there is a lot of variation among the plugins.

4 Likes

I’ll enjoy exploring :grin:
@danmh has a good work around for me to try though :+1:

2 Likes

you can even get a step further by using the slew rate:

5 Likes

Hi, I’m Mike. Mainly a bass player, some guitar, and a very teeny tiny amount of keyboards. I’ve got a Duo bought second-hand, and a Dwarf bought from Thomann recently (bought after everything went titsup, with my eyes wide open). Intending to start experimenting soon.

11 Likes

Please share with us your experiments :slight_smile: #contribute:content is a great place to do it :wink:

2 Likes

Hi I’m new here! Just trying to figure out how to post in another category, is there a time delay or something?

3 Likes

I’m selling a Mod Dwarf in excellent condition if anyone’s interested! Can’t seem to add the link but it’s on Reverb in London, UK.

1 Like

You need to interact a bit to raise the forum trust levels or someone needs to manually do it for you. I just did the second.
Can you share with us why are you selling your MOD Dwarf? Maybe the thread where you share the link would actually be better to do it.

2 Likes

I just saw your sale post on Reverb :slight_smile:

Hi everyone,

I’m Clement, a music technology nerd, sound designer, and multi-instrumentalist (though for practical purposes I identify primarily as a guitarist) located in the bucolic hills of Vermont in the USA. I do also play some keyboard and Chapman stick and occasionally experiment with wild digital/hybrid drum kits.

I have been watching the Mod project develop over the years and decided to participate in the Dwarf Kickstarter. I am a huge proponent of open-source software and have been using Linux in various capacities since the mid-nineties. I was excited to see the folks at Mod bring Linux to a hardware music device that delivers tremendous flexibility. I participated in the Kickstarter hoping to add a Dwarf to a rig that I have built for a live electronica project.

Aside from being a Linux device, there are two primary reasons why the Dwarf is appealing for this use case. 1- It has audio processing and MIDI instruments in a single small form factor. 2- With flexible routing capabilities, a decent amount of effects/instruments, and various control blocks it looks like an excellent platform for sound design. Somewhat like a poor man’s Eventide with Vsig. Though I’ve yet to receive a Dwarf yet but am hopeful that with the reboot this may happen soon. Some months ago I did spin up an instance of MODEP on a PI to experiment with its capabilities and was delighted with the results.

I am very glad to see the folks at Mod successfully initiate a reboot and would like to contribute my skills (time permitting) to further the advancement of Mod Devices.

I have been working as a marketing, design, and audio professional forever! :grin:
Here is a short list of skills that the Mod team may find useful.

• Video Production / Motion Graphics
  • Audio Production
  • Graphic Design
  • Web Design
  • UI / UX Design
  • CMS Admin and Maintenence (Joomla, WordPress, Magento, PrestaShop)
  • Multi-Channel Automated Marketing
  • Beta Testing Hardware and Software Platforms
  • Technical Manual Writing and Design

If anyone on the Mod team feels that they could put my skills to good use please feel free to reach out via DM and let me know.

~Clement

8 Likes

If you will have Chapman-stick pedalboards to share, please do not be shy to share them via cloud, there are other Stick players that can benefit from it. At least me :smiley:

2 Likes

First of all, thanks for “officially” introducing yourself to the MOD Forum @Clement and thank you even more for the offer.

We are at this moment trying to gauge the interest and organize the community for such tasks/help. I’m not sure if it was not actually what triggered your public post about it. Regardless, if you didn’t do it yet and it was a simple coincidence, please fill up the survey from here (especially the community part).
I know this is asking you a little bit of time, but we plan to use it as a central point to start the organization of this community endeavor, rather than keep track of all the individual offers.
The same applies to other users reading this.
I can tell you that the participation of the community in answering the survey until now is impressive - we have close to 600 answers, where about 56% took the community part and not only the opt-in. Anyway, the more answers we get on it, the more accurate the perspective that we have from the community.

3 Likes

Aloha! I’m new and also a Stick player on the Big Island, Hawaii. I just ordered my Dwarf and looking forward to it arriving. My plan is also to use it with the Stick.

Are there any resources/guides on how to setup the dual independent channel ? I had a HX Stomp before and it was a nightmare to try to do.

Zeno

7 Likes

If you are asking about UI, MOD’s web interface is quite visual and obvious, there is nothing special required to enable for dual channel as far as I remember, it is in a dual channel mode out of the box.

You have two inputs at your workspace and two outputs, everything in between works almost the same as regular physical pedals are connected. (except for additional possibility to make one-to-many or many-to-one connections between virtual pedals). Just throw in virtual pedals and connect them from left to right:

I’ve seen a couple of Stick (not a lot) pedalboards in the cloud, for example like this one, you might try looking :

Only tip I have to share that I use regarding dual channel in my every Stick pedalboard - is the following piece :

When this switchbox is in “up” position, left channel goes to left output and right goes to right, for recording in stereo into separate channels of audio card, to record each pickup independently.

But in “down” position - both outputs receive both left and right channels mixed, for playing in headphones (as it is hard to play when you hear only one Stick pickup per ear, I would prefer it monomixed) or using only one of the outputs to stream both channels to mono bass amp for example.

Also, if you do not use headphones you can achieve almost the same for the main outputs with the following global device setting - (at least I have it in ModDuoX)

P.S. My Stick output is quite low, so I also had to increase my MDX input gain using hardware on-device UI.

8 Likes

Hi - Unsure a better place to post this. Seems like Google Authentication to login is broken, meaning I can’t access the forum with my main account. Can this please be remedied?

3 Likes

yes, this was something we forgot when moving to new domain. we’ll fix it soon!

5 Likes

Hi there y’all … :smiley: Mack here.

Retired sound engineer & tinkerer. Participant @ Hack42. Diving head first into the world of modular synths & effects. Just picked up my (secondhand) Duo X. The next challenge will be Pure Data. See if I can create a Shepard generator for the Mod eco system.

Cheers!

14 Likes