Hi! Come Introduce Yourself!

Welcome on board @David_Pena_Barnes :slight_smile:
I just raised your ā€œtrust levelsā€ so you must be now able to post/interact anywhere around this forum.

2 Likes

Thanks!!!:+1:

3 Likes

Hi everyone,
Iā€™m Pavel, Iā€™ve been on this forum for couple of months, mostly just passively reading, since I am still waiting form my Dwarf. Iā€™ve always been fan of straight forwardness of single purpose pedals, however I decided to downsize my pedalboard to more touring-friendly size and I intend to build my new compact board around MOD Dwarf. I hope I will be able to handle this very different approach to building my sound and this forum and community seems like a very good and helpful place to do so.

I run my small business in handcrafting musical instruments - specifically I build kalimbas. I plan to use Dwarf mostly with my electric kalimbas that I use in multiple bands as well as for my solo performances. I am excited to start this new adventure.

cheers from Czech Republic
Pavel

7 Likes

Welcome Pavel! Excited to see/hear what you can do with your kalimbas and the Mod! Please share with us!

3 Likes

Hi Pavel!

Welcome to the MOD Family!

Iā€™m really hoping that the Dwarf fits your needs.

I was a big pedal hound for a long time and Iā€™m happy to say that for my uses, the dwarf replaced all of the pedals I was using.

I love unique instruments! Iā€™ve been eyeballing an electric kalimba that had a delay/Reverb built in, but Iā€™d love to see your work and offerings. Iā€™m always down to try new instruments for fun sounds.

Would you please DM me a link to your shop if you donā€™t mind?

Hope you are doing well,
-Elk

3 Likes

Welcome, @pavel! (officially :wink: )

Iā€™m really curious to see your setup with Kalimbas. Please share some videos when you can.

If you guys allow me to step in here, I would even say @pavel that you should share it publicly as well :wink:

6 Likes

I am excited as well and I will surely share, once I get my Dwarf.

You can see my work on my instagram profile, you will find there also pictures of my current pedalboard setup that will be hopefully replaced with the smaller one built around Dwarf.
My e-shop is currently just for Czech Republic, so I am not putting a link here. All foreign orders goes trough personal communication.

3 Likes

Check out this kalimba pedalboard :wink:

3 Likes

Hi,

New here. I first came across DUO-X through @solobasssteve (& another Steve, but if heā€™s here I donā€™t know his user name). The GUI interface is so slick, efficient & intuitive! Iā€™ve work with computers for many many years & I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen better. :smiley:

Iā€™ll be using the DUO-X with a Chapman Stick which is a stereo instrument, so the two inputs with independent (but mixable) signal paths are spot on. There are even a few Stick related pedalboards already available, which is great for start-up ideas & experiments.

I was surprised that I couldnā€™t creat a New Topic yet (I have a ā€˜helpā€™ question), but I gather thatā€™s just because Iā€™m new & that the facility will appear in due course? Maybe it doesnā€™t help that I joined over Christmas/New Year?. My query isnā€™t a critical thing, just a thing Iā€™m surprised I canā€™t do & suspect it may be possible but Iā€™m missing something obvious. Iā€™ll be patientā€¦

5 Likes

Hi David!

Welcome to the MOD Community!

Very excited to see what you end up creating with your DuoX!

In terms of posting, one of the Mod Team will need to upgrade your permissions on the forums to let you post.

Itā€™s nice to meet you!

Hope all is well,
-Elk

3 Likes

Thank you for the nice words and welcome to the MOD forum :slight_smile: We are really happy to have you on board!

Quite interesting setup and it would be really cool if you can share some videos with us when you have it up and running :wink:

Thatā€™s correct. Itā€™s an automatic mechanism from the forum platform to avoid spammers and bots. I just manually raised your trust levels so you must be now able to post as you wish :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for your welcome @Elk_wrath

Which has now been done. :smiley:

4 Likes

It will probably be a while before Iā€™m up to videos. In active musicality as a whole Iā€™me just an infant. On Stick Iā€™m a newborn baby!

Up till just over 3 years ago Iā€™d gone through life believing what I was told at school, i.e. ā€œYourā€™re tone deafā€. Then I discovered that I could not possibly love music as much as I do & be tone deaf. I did some tests & discovered that what they really meant was ā€œYou canā€™t sing in tuneā€ & curiously instead of helping me to solve that issue (a thing that it turns out is not too hard to achieve) I was given that tone deaf label. :frowning:

Having found the root of the issue, I also found & joined Musical-U (https://www.musical-u.com/), which is how I come to know Steve Lawson, and now I poke about on guitar, keyboard & bass. Improvisation is my dream activity. On guitar Iā€™ve just reached a level where Iā€™m starting to feel that Iā€™m playing rather than poking! Some months ago a chance mention started me on investigation of the Chapman Stick. It seems like a great match for my aims. The lead time for an order on a new one is very long (it can easily be a year or more), but while Iā€™m waiting I was lucky enough to pick up a used 1985 10 string a few weeks ago & Iā€™m just starting my journey with that.

A very reasonable precaution. Thanks for the ā€˜upgradeā€™.

6 Likes

Hi there,

IĀ“m Turby aka Bitmob and MOD DWARF Owner since a few days.

My first impression is quite good while aiming to add that special something to my analog synths, Eurorack and drum machines.
The DWARF can beef up my Toms, FM Drums and Synths quite nicely, so thumbs up for that. I did post a few FX racks and I hope I wonā€™t get beaten up by the egg cutting community out there. I do play a little Bass and Guitar as well, but wellā€¦ guess Iā€™m a musician that does electronic music.
If youā€™re curious see bitmob at bandcamp
And please: Add a convolution reverb:

Thanks Turby

If somebody reads this who is keen on changing IRs in existing pedals - Iā€™d be glad to provide some homegrown ones.

5 Likes

We also like to see the ā€œbabyā€ growing :wink:

Yeahā€¦unfortunately we humans (and especially on these ā€œmass production humanā€ things) tend to put everything and everyone in drawers and shelves instead of taking every single person individually.

1 Like

Welcome on board @Rooftop_Studio_Maulb!
Please share some sweet euro rack and drum machine videos with us :slight_smile: I guess that some users would enjoy that. @Elk_wrath maybe can find a nice ā€œpartner in crimeā€ :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks for the encouraging welcome Jon!
Good to be hereā€¦
Still getting to know the DWARFā€¦
ā€¦this morning I created some presets for the FOMP RVā€¦ I do like it a lot if there is need for a subtle reverb. Working on a track later on I was using the Fuzzy Toms Rig I sharedā€¦ works pretty good with the Arturia Drumbrute Impact.

Good idea to make a video with different applications for the DWARFā€¦ will do soā€¦

Looking forward to meet you guysā€¦
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

I donā€™t recall introducing myself properly but Iā€™m hanging around here for a little while already.

Iā€™m LievenDV
Iā€™m from Belgium, the dutch speaking part aka Flanders.

I sing and play rhythm guitar in a modern heavy metal band Point Fifty
I also have a solo gig, doing some minimalistic covers as Devilā€™s Advocate
I also play bass in the company band.

In my dayjob Iā€™m a digital marketeer and at night Iā€™m a jack-of-all-trades in the team of JustinGuitar, helping millions out there to learn to play the guitar! I used to do graphic designs and webdev as a freelancer but thatā€™s on a minimal level now. Iā€™m into design, (marketing) automation, UX and UI stuff.

I aim for win-win situations with outcomes that are flixble, scaleable and with as little compromise as possible. The Dwarf seemed like an excellent opportunity to become part of such a story.

A friend pointed me to the crowdfunding pages of the MOD Dwarf one day and the concept got me intrigued. I have similar programmable pedals but they all have significant drawbacks that seemed surpassed by the Dwarf.

I noticed there are a lot of creative and smart people on this board with tons of ideas. Great!

See you around!

LievenDV

12 Likes

Good day to everyone!
Iā€™m synth enthusiast from PL, nowadays mainly into eurorack modular synths, but I also love composing in a DAW. I play a little bit of guitar and bass.
Iā€™m a happy user of the mod dwarf which I bought to use as a compressor and eq for my living room stereo :slight_smile: for controlling TV and streaming servicesā€¦ I plan to use the dwarf also in my synthesizer setup as an effects processor.
Nice to be here and use this box. I really like that this community and the Mod team is open to constantly improving these devices.

10 Likes

Hi @mk2! Nice to see you here in the forum!

1 Like