Hi! Come Introduce Yourself!

Another Italian? Good to hear :stuck_out_tongue: .

3 Likes

Welcome here @Gabry_Stick!
Feel free to reach out if you need some help or if you have a great Chapman stick video to share with us :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, my name is lambrosgg. I came here to ask a question about the Mod Dwarf I ordered and waiting to arrive soon. Please donā€™t torture me further by forcing me to make non-sense posts like this, that no one cares, just to be able to post my question. I donā€™t feel ā€œincludedā€ or ā€œpart of a communityā€ by doing this, I feel like an idiot.

Whatā€™s the purpose of having a support forum when you canā€™t post your question immediately?
Guess what, thatā€™s when people create an account on any new forum: They have a question.
If the concern is bots, there should be a captcha at the sign up process.
I hope after ā€œintroducing myselfā€ (for no reason) I will be able to ask my question about using your product.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello @lambrosgg,

I am very happy to welcome you here in the mod devices forum.
Sorry for the inconvenience, now I raised your trust level so that you can post your own topics.
Thanks for telling us something about you, we all are humans after all and getting to know something about fellow mod users is just natural.

Feel free to ask, but maybe someone has asked beforeā€¦use the magnifying glass for searching.
Just another thing, there are no dumb questions, and we all are learning something every day.

Greetings and God bless, Marius

2 Likes

Thanks for the fast reply and elevating my account. I didnā€™t really introduce myself, I posted a complain about having to do an introduction on a support forum. Part of the complain was that no one cares about my introduction and the fact that you ā€œthanked me for telling you something about myselfā€ proves my point: You didnā€™t read it yourself and NO ONE cares about myself on a support forum and thatā€™s ok!.
Donā€™t try to make us feel included or part of a community by forcing us to do that introduction, or anything for that matter. Make me feel included by letting me post my question immediately: People make accounts on forums when they want to post a question and there should NOT be any requirements to be able to do it!
However, since this is your site and you make the rules, if you want to have requirements, they need to be stated somewhere obvious, so I know what I have to do in order to be able to post a question.
Donā€™t waste my time making me look around the site on what I have to do to be able to participate, donā€™t waste your time having to personally activate my account and type a reply, donā€™t waste other peopleā€™s time on the post I had to hijack because you basically forced me so.

I was SO excited when I saw this forum exists and scrolled through the so many interesting posts, it was one of the reasons I ordered a Mod Dwarf. You can imagine how I felt when I was unable to post even after I went through all the trouble of the ā€œintroductionā€ and talking to a literal bot with PMsā€¦

Thanks again, I hope the forum becomes more welcoming for future new members.

1 Like

Hey mate, pretty sure this forum platform is relatively stock, and itā€™s the default programming.

Itā€™s largely to make sure new users are familiarized with how the site functions, and itā€™s layout.

Beside the point, welcome to the forums.

I initially read your introduction and was a little taken aback by the tone and irritation and decided not to engage with the post as I usually would.

I hope that now your issue has been rectified, you have a better experience interacting with the overall community.

Hope all is well, and Iā€™m excited to see what you do with your dwarf when it arrives.

6 Likes

Hi lambrosgg.

Actually many of us read it and we all learnt a lot about you as a result. We learned that you donā€™t like how this forum is configured and in fact you were so irritated by its new user limits that you let yourself be entirely antisocial.
Personally, I like coming to this forum and reading peopleā€™s introductions. Maybe Iā€™m weird.

12 Likes

Hi

Iā€™m a Trumpet player, currently testing if I can use the Mod Dwarf for my live setup.

1. Clean Wireless Clip Mic setup
  2. FX setup: Mic into Daccappo Reamp into Mod Dwarf ā€¦
    Letā€™s find out how well it performs.
    Goals is to leave my analog gear at home (or send back the dwarfā€¦ :sweat_smile:)
5 Likes

Welcome! Youā€™re the first brass player I recall coming to the site :slight_smile: Iā€™m a former euphonium player. Iā€™m wondering how some of the audio-to-midi plugins might work in your use case.

3 Likes

Hey, thanks!

Euphonium! Nice :smiley:
You know what, that is exactly what I am wondering too.

Simple Boards with Delay, Verb, Wah, Phasing etc etc are cool BUT
What options do I have for using Midi synths with my Horn?
Which Plugins allow me to convert Audio into Midi - I avenā€™t found them!

I also made a new thread in ā€˜using Mod Devicesā€™ about this exact topic.

3 Likes

Hi Vale!

Welcome to the MOD fam!

I sincerely hope your unit works out for you.

In terms of the synths on the platform, sequencing is probably the way to go at the current moment.

The audio to midi plugin is not available, as it is rather complex to develop as I understand it.

There is an audio to CV converter, but I donā€™t believe it will work for your needs in the manner that you are seeking.

Iā€™m not sure of you use a DAW or not, but you can use a vst plugin in the daw and send the midi out to the dwarf over USB most likely.

https://www.widisoft.com/english/widi-audio-to-midi-vst.html

I just snagged a MacBook pro yesterday, and am working on learning how to use a daw currently. Iā€™m sequencer/synth based, but I agree that the plugin you want is desperately needed on the platform at some point.

3 Likes

Hi and welcome !

As Elk_wrath said audio to midi is not yet possible, but audio to CV is ! Here are some pedalboards you can try :
https://moddevices.com/synth-pedalboards/

3 Likes

Hey

Thanks for your replies.

Yes, I am very familiar with Pro Tools and Ableton but my goal is definitely NOT to have a Laptop on stage.

Iā€™ve seen these synth pedalboards you are referring to @Rom , but modular is so complex and I am not as interested in programming my own synths :sweat_smile:
Also, its hard to combine them with other plugins in one board as they already eat a lot of cpu by themselves.

Then itā€™s something for the future.
I would definitely put this into the List of requests!

Thank you

4 Likes

Iā€™m sorry to learn about your bad first experience here @lambrosgg.

Unfortunately that is not so linear. Besides bots you have spammers. You probably already notice it in lots of places (Social Media is probably the most common) where people create accounts, get themselves in groups and use each single typing area to promote some sort of product that they have to sell. This is quite common. This particular forum has a system to prevent that (and bots indeed) and this system has been keeping the forum mostly clean. Even with that sometimes some things manage to pass through.
Anyway, we are quite different here, I would say. We are even open for people to promote their music or their gigs (check #random sub-categories for example), as long as their participation here is a bit more than using the forum as a billboard.
I hope you understand.

For you or any new user-facing similar issue, you can always drop me a DM or to any other team member or MODerator and we will raise manually your trust levels asap.

Please donā€™t take me wrong here, butā€¦

This forum is not only a ā€œsupport forumā€ but a user forum. Thereā€™s indeed some support going on here, but also feature requests, tips, feedback, projects connected with the devices and - as I stated above - even a bit of self-promotion that we donā€™t see with bad eyes.

I must agree with you here. I was taking a fresh look just now and somehow the first usage is not well documented. Something to be fixed. Thanks for the feedback.

Regardless of everything, welcome here! It would be super nice to learn what music do you do and what are your plans for the MOD Dwarf. Again, feel always free to drop me a DM if something doesnā€™t fit here, you have some doubts or you canā€™t do something or simply if you wish to talk about something in a close environment with someone from the team.

3 Likes

Welcome here @Vale

I must say that Iā€™m super surprised with the amount of people that uses the MOD devices in kind of unconventional ways, meaning here with instruments that (at least for me) are not really expected to be used.
I would be super interested on watching some videos of your setup and how you use it. No need to be something extremely profession, just to find what you get and somehow get inspired :slight_smile:

I hope the Dwarf stays :wink: Let me know if you need some help with setup, etc.

4 Likes

Hi! Welcome! Iā€™ve been using the ā€œalready made synth pedalboardsā€ on both drums and hand pans. Itā€™s great fun right out of the box, and itā€™s not at all difficult to adjust eq to fit your instruments or to change the synths sound. And there are great detailed tutorials on how the CV pedalboards are built up. Enjoy!

5 Likes

hi there! Ameeva here, in Berlin. This morning I woke up with my DWARF ringing the door bell. Very excied for this, letā€™s see how this works!

5 Likes

Welcome and we look forward to hearing what you think of the Dwarf!

3 Likes

Hello!
Rene here, I am a singer songwriter from Seattle, WA.
I love guitars, and want to keep re-inventing the sound of my guitar.
Glad to have found this heavenly forum!!!

8 Likes

Then I am too.

All forums I participate have a section for introductions. Itā€™s good to see why people are there, share workflows, goals, wishes, and ideas. But someone above feels tortured, so letā€™s not impose any more pain on that person.

BTW, all forums I participate have restrictions for new users. In most cases itā€™s not possible to post a new thread upfront. I must contact a moderator or wait a period of time. One forum years ago got hacked and spammed big time, and a lot of knowledge went to waste. So these protections are needed. I too was not able to post a new topic and asked politely for it, instead of throwing a fit.

Welcome @Vale, @ameeva and @ReneAsologuitar

That must be a rarity here, please post back your findings.

5 Likes