Hi! Come Introduce Yourself!

Good morning all,

Newcomer, I post here because I have not found another possibility to start a topic.
I am mainly a guitarist and incidentally a keyboardist.
I mainly work in the studio.
I am interested and hope to become a Mod Duo X or Mod Dwarf user.

It seems to me that the Mod DuoX has more capacity than the Mod Dwarf.

• Does this mean that the Mod Dwarf is limited in the number of plugins that can be incorporated into the chaining of a pedal board?

-Can you use an expression pedal with Mod Duo X and also Mod Dwarf?

Can we use Mod duo X or Mod dwarf as a standalone audio interface on Mac Book Pro (Intel)

Thank you all

Hey @dann,
Welcome to the MOD forum and glad of your interest in MOD devices.
Regarding your permissions on the forum, I raised your trust level (an automatic mechanism of the forum to avoid spam) so you must be able to post now.

Answering your questions:

No. The limitation on both devices only depends on the CPU and RAM required for each plugin instance that you use.

Yes. On both devices, you can connect expression pedals via USB or DIN MIDI or via the Control Chain port. At this moment for the control chain, you would need some DIY tricks and use the Arduino shield, you can check out this tutorial where you have everything explained. The Duo X also includes a direct expression pedal port.

Not yet, but that it’s planned for future MOD OS releases.

1 Like

Jon,
Thank you for your answers.
Wait and see.

1 Like

Hi there,

Greetings from northern Italy.

New DUO X user here – very happy already and quite frightened with all there is to learn.

Guitar player who has never used a single pedal for most of my life. Since most of my fellow players had too many pedals and very little to show with or without them, I decided to actually play the guitar rather than fiddle with effects. I gigged with a tube amp with built-in reverb, period. Some distortion on the lead channel at times, but usually very little.

Started using effects just recently, and after owning some pedalboards (Boss mostly) and a few boxes, I decided to use the MOD as a synth and effects machine (I’m big on guitar synth and actually play a Godin TP same as @gianfranco in the recent Dwarf video). I do electronic music in Ableton, so the MOD caters to that as well and its Ableton Link capability is a godsend. Still got a long way to go until I have something worth showing

Happy to be part of the community, will be trying some pedalboards by other users, and looking for inputs by forum members. As my forum nickname says, you may expect a s***load of questions from me. :blush:

Right back at ya! (Maybe the MOD will unleash the Cory Henry in me?..)

@Randalhicks: Go, Pack, go!! (Oops, just gave my cheesehead self away
)

Cheers!

5 Likes

Welcome to the MOD forum and to the MOD community!
One of the greatest things of this community is that everyone shares their knowledge about the MOD devices (and not only) in a super warm and humble way. And that’s great :slight_smile:

Go ahead and put many (actual) @QuestionMarc :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thanks, @jon!

My head is still spinning with all the possibilities!! It is truly an inspiring instrument/platform. As of now I’m just reading posts to see if any of my questions already have answers. I can see the “warm and humble way” in action and hope not to lose sight of it.

On that note, I must warn fellow members that a small stroke years ago left me with a degree of dyslexia that at times makes some of my writings seem either illogical or even give it a poorly contextualised meaning. It could be something such as saying run the signal TRUE as opposed to THROUGH, or saying something like “I am how to do that” as opposed to “I am NOT SURE how to do that”. The latter example could potentially be interpreted as “I am the only one capable of doing that”, and this kind of thing is absolutely involuntary but has already caused me trouble. Apologies ahead of time. If I ever say something that strikes anyone here badly, please be so kind as to write me and ask for clarification. I’d be happy to correct and make amends as needed.

Careful what you wish for! :wink: They will come, and likely in troves!

5 Likes

It’s really nice from you to call our attention for your problem and the misunderstandings that it may cause :slight_smile: It also shows how do you respect this community and want to take part on it
and that is awesome!! :smiley:
I would say for you to not worry much. All of we have our falls time to time, most of us are not native (including me) and may have a few typos here and there. The nice side is that this community is super nice and respectful to each other, so everyone will take you for sure with the best of intentions :wink:

Really
ask them all :wink:

4 Likes

Hello,

My name is Yann (nearly 50 years old).
I am a heavy user of Linux in everyday life and also for my audio work.
I remember I started using Linux around kernel version 1.2 :slight_smile:

I am a regular user of LMMS. I put my LMMS work on Jamendo:

I use regularly VCV Rack with various things (guitar, voice, other things) and I also put my work with VCV Rack on Jamendo:

Up to now, I use Guitarix for the guitar effects. I started also to use Rakarrack-plus some weeks ago (a revival of Rakarrack 
).

I am a big fan of TuxGuitar / MuseScore:

And, last but not least, I manage a repository of audio tools for Fedora.
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/ycollet/linuxmao/
With a colleague, we started a website for this repository. Still a work in progress:

I will certainly use the MOD Dwarf live on stage 

Here is a video of a live performance with music and dance using Guitarix and TuxGuitar on Fedora:

Best regards,

Yann

15 Likes

Thanks for sharing all of this with us!
Super interesting and broad work!
Welcome to the community :wink:

1 Like

I’m just a feral who plays guitar and chapman stick. This dwarf is my first real instrument effects device. Oh and I just lost the usb stick that came with it. What was in it? Not knowing is wigging me out

2 Likes

Haha no worries, the USB stick is actually empty. The idea is to have the quick start guide there and factory reset files, but now it’s not implemented yet (you have all of this online anyway). Also for you to save your device backups, but you can pretty much use it as you wish.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply and thats a relief. I do have an issue now with connecting up to the interface but it seems I am not able to start a thread here yet? I can only reply to threads. Thanks Riv.

I just updated your trust levels so now you may be able to start a thread.

1 Like

A usb stick? I didn’t get one of those with mine!

Maybe something went wrong on your shipment
I will give a check and DM you

Hi,
I’ve been a reader of this forum for a few months. I still haven’t received my MOD Dwarf although I was an early Kickstarter backer but I am not worried since I answered I could still wait on the online survey.
I’m trying to create a topic to ask a question but haven’t been able to. Any clue why ?

5 Likes

First of all thanks for your patience and continuous support :slight_smile:

Yes, your trust level on the forum was not allowed to do it. This is an automatic thing from the forum to avoid spammers, bots, etc. that normally raises after a few reads, interactions, etc. I just manually raise them so now you should be able to post.

Thanks a lot !

1 Like

Welcome @ycollet

Thanks for sharing.

I am excited to have you joining our community!!

Best

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your message !