High noise level at all times

Anyone getting high ambient noise in both channels?
Happens in all pedalboards and a external noise gate has to be set so high that it cuts off the start of notes.
Noise happens with or without input jacks being connected so no external source is responsible.
I may have a defective Mod Duo. How would I swap it out?

Dear drsoda,

Sorry to hear about your problem. I would like to ask you a couple of questions so we can locate the issue.

What version are you currently using? Is it a high or low pitched noise? Do you know when the problem started, maybe after an update for instance? Does it make a difference if the MOD is connected to the computer? Is it also audible when using headphones?

Best,

Bram

My error.
Had gain stages set wrong somehow on my setup (4 pedals before the Mod Duo & 2 after). Not sure why it got set that way

I still have noise when computer is connected to usb. I do have to dissconect usb to play live or to final check pedalboard setups.
The usb noise level is a higher pitched random noise but is low enough to allow setting up pedalboards.

Glad to hear that the other issue is solved. Now about the USB noise, that could be ground related. Do you use laptop? And if so, does the noise stop when you unplug the adaptor of your laptop?

noise stops when usb unpluged.
Since I don’t need usb when recording/live use then unplugging is OK

Take a look at this long conversation about this issue that apparently hasn’t been resolved yet.

You can get some USB connector that isolates from the USB noise. It’s cheap.