HOt Hand USB - not working via GUI

Hi,

I got HH USB (it must have been designed for modX since it can be assigned to whatever we want :wink: and it works great when usb is connected straight to MOD X but mod can not “see” it when it is connected to laptop (MODX is connected also with PC). The question is is it possible to make MOD “see” Hot Han when it is connected to PC. It is midi device so maybe somehow it would be possible to send midi to MOD via PC. It would be very handy since HH can send 3 x midi commands, depending on the axis, but to map every CC message other two messages has to be muted so modx can map incoming message. In that case I need to switch usb stick from PC to mode few times, and every time HH need to pair USB stick, it takes a lots of time.

The MOD would not be able to recognize a controller directly by simply being connected to the same PC as the controller. You will need to route the MIDI that comes from the Hot Hand into the PC from the PC to the MOD DuoX. You need to do this in the computer (using a DAW or something where you can manage MIDI routings).
Something like this should be your end connections setup:
Hot Hand → PC → MOD DuoX
where each → is a MIDI connection

1 Like

OK, I will get some free DAW and will try to do that.
Thanks!

1 Like

Reaper and this video may help you

1 Like