Ipad as a Midi Controler?

I’m curious to watch some sort of video of you explaining and demo this setup :wink:

In this case Camelot manages the audio tracks, the change of sounds through “program change” and also the delay clock is synchronized, I can also synchronize the score.

The Camelot company: Camelot | Audio Modeling

I simply connected the iPad with DWARF via the MIDI B port (cable supplied by MOD). I was able to use the “program changes” by intuition. But I still don’t know how to use “control changes”. It would be interesting to be able to “map” DWARF and communicate to Camelot. To explain myself better with Camelot it is already possible to choose between a list of keyboards and multi-effects, you choose the brand and model and just connect them together. Not being on the Camelot MOD list, I am personally struggling a bit.

1 Like

This looks cool! Thanks for sharing the video, I got it way better now.
Allow me a suggestion, if instead of changing the pedalboard you have both sounds on the same pedalboard and make the Camelot app change the snapshot (instead of the pedalboard) you will avoid to have the audio break of the pedalboard loading.

1 Like

Tell me how to do it. The pedals are numbered according to the alphabetical order (which I discovered by chance by myself) I’m asking you how do you manage the control changes, if you explain to me how to do it would be great. Possibly with a practical example, a video.

1 Like

Basically, you are using program change messages (from the iPad) to change your pedalboard. You must have set on the settings of the MOD Dwarf witch Program Change message it should listen to. You can do the same for Snapshots. And instead of having “your song sounds” in two pedalboards, you save them in two snapshots.
Check this link to learn a little bit more.

1 Like

I’m probably using the wrong USB port. I think the settings are right but it doesn’t go as it should. I buy a usb-usb cable to connect to port A of the DWARF. Thank you for answering.

Hmm I would say that if the Dwarf gets one program change message (and I can see that it does by the video) there’s no problem with the cable.
The problem should be on the program change message that your iPad sends is configured on the Dwarf to change the pedalboard and not the snapshot.
Note that if you set it to change the snapshot you should have multiple snapshots saved on your pedalboard, if not it won’t work.

It’s an idea I already talked about elsewhere, but what about simply adding a new page to the Mod-UI where the user could set a custom list of sliders/buttons for each pedalboard? That would make controlling the device from any phone/tablet so much easier, via wifi/bluetooth or any other way.

A bit like what we already have when we edit a particular plugin, but at the level of the whole pedalboard (with different backgroud colors per plugin maybe ?)

6 Likes

Indeed you (and I guess more users) suggested this. I’m saving it again on requests.
The problem is not really that the suggestion is not great. Is more the devs time is kind of scarce nowadays :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I wish I had more free time to look at it myself. Maybe it’s something that could benefit from a little help from the community :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Let’s see who reads this and takes the bite :wink:

1 Like