IR Reverb

Hi guys, Loving the Dwarf so far.

What plugin do I need to use to make use of my uploaded Reverb IR’s? The CabIR one is a game-changer :wink:

Thanks in advance.

We do not have one officially published yet, the CabSim currently in the store is meant for small cabinet simulation IR files, not big reverb ones.

If you enable beta plugins you should be able to find “LSP Impulse Responses” which we are currently evaluating for a potential push to stable.
It doesn’t have a GUI yet and the parameters need some tweaks for MOD, but can serve as early preview for what is possible.

btw, we maintain a list of plugins that can use files on this part of the wiki File handling - MOD Wiki

2 Likes

Awesome, many thanks.

My Empress Zoia and HX Stomp are getting very worried they’ll be up for sale soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@falkTX is the LSP impulse responses in the mod-plug-in-builder right? I have tried to build it a few times, but never seems to actually build successfully…

no, they are already published in the store, just hidden under the beta filter.
you can enable it in the advanced settings, the usual caveats regarding beta stuff applies.

for the mod-plugin-builder builds, maybe you are just missing the submodules. 90% of the time that is the issue

1 Like

@falkTX this is the error that I get when trying to build. I have rebuilt mod-plugin-builder multiple times…

/bin/sh: 1: /home/mj/mod-workdir/modduo/build/lsp-plugins-impulsantworten-d8feb926d889cab9830852c183cfc5f8e20383eb/.build/lv2_genttl.exe: Exec format error
make[2]: *** [Makefile:220: install_lv2] Error 2
make[1]: *** [package/pkg-generic.mk:279: /home/mj/mod-workdir/modduo/build/lsp-plugins-impulsantworten-d8feb926d889cab9830852c183cfc5f8e20383eb/.stamp_target_installed] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:36: _all] Error 2

Any suggestions?

I am on Ubuntu 20.04

Yeah, you need to setup your system in a way that can run the target arm binaries.
It is basically a few dpkg commands, some extra apt sources and then a few packages.
Roughly what is being done in mod-plugin-builder/Dockerfile at master · moddevices/mod-plugin-builder · GitHub

Y’all probably know this already - but when I load up the stereo LSP plugin on my duo x my CPU can easily go to 100% - even if it is the only thing on the board, even if the plug-in is turned ‘off’. Stays this way until the plugin is deleted from the board.

Noticed a big perf difference between sample length for the impulse response - 10s sample vs 1s is a difference between pegged and functioning CPU. At a certain point this is on me to make sure my impulses are shorter - just some scary stuff!

:slight_smile:

Thanks for all your work and looking forward to this one being merged in when it is ready!

1 Like

Hi. I am very new to Duo X but use the LSP plugin for Reverb IR’s. It sounds awesome but I’m teetering on the verge of max CPU for some of my longer reverbs. Would you be able to comment on any indication of efficiencies/updates for this in near future? Thanks

1 Like