Is it possible to use mod duo x’s buttons as midi input for itself?

As per title. Is it possible to use mod duo x’s buttons as midi input for itself?

and if so, what’s the latency like?

i was thinking that if it was possible, i could use it to add drum inputs, which would be wild, since i wouldn’t need a separate controller for it. not being velocity sensitive would be no issue for me.

thanks!

I think you are looking for a “Beat Buddy” type of plugin.

Since the Mod Devices now have the ability to upload files to the unit and that there is already a plugin to play audio snippets, it is highly probable (if not already done) that a MIDI player plugin could be used to feed drums plugins or any other MIDI learned controls in any plugins on a pedal board.

That would be great!

1 Like

I think with a couple of mindi plugins you can set it up so that on/off triggers a note.
That way the 4 duox buttons behave like regular midi keys.

Latency is okay, biggest problem is the jitter, because these presses do not have consistent timing. The controls were not really made thinking of situations like these.

EDIT: On a deeper note, maybe issue is not as I thought. the fact that presses are triggered on release if set as momentary-off was a mistake as a setup haha, I thought perhaps momentary-on mode would not work but it does!
Here is a little better pedalboard, timing-wise duox as drumpad pt2 - MOD Devices

2 Likes