Jacks coming undone. Suggesting better in/out jacks

In the last couple weeks I’ve had three of the 1/4 inch jack nuts come off.
I used a socket to screw them back in and find that it’s very easy to over-tighten these.

I almost lost the nut and plastic washer yesterday when I was showing it to another Stick player. My friend happen to see the washer and nut on the ground as we were leaving.

Is it necessary to use the plastic type?
I suggest upgrading to a sturdier type.

Has anyone else been having the same issue?

I didn’t see a category for hardware issues so I am using the “Uncategorized” category…

Hi Skydiver,

I think this is a known issue, some MODs had a thread mismatch which was a jack manufacturer mixup, see my last post here for more details: Faulty Footswitch #2?

Thanks for pointing our your post. I thought I read about it somewhere and couldn’t find it.

I will reach out to MOD to get the correct inserts.

Hi @Skydiver

As @GMaq already told you, there was this confusion with the jack inserts because of different thread sizes from Neutrik and Rean

On the left side is the Rean - with the finer thread - and on the right is the Neutrik with the coarser thread.

Which one and how many do you need?

Best

Hi @gianfranco

I have the Rean version with the finer thread. Looks exactly like the one on the left.

I need five to replace all the in/out jacks.

Thanks!

@Skydiver

Just to confirm, you need five of the Neutrik type?

Yes. Please send me five of the Neutrik type.

1 Like

They will be posted tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

:+1:

Do you have any more of these on the left? My Dwarf is missing two. Or do you have an amazon link?

1 Like

I need two of the items on the left with the finer thread, and the plastic collars that go around them. How can I order them?

1 Like

just buy one of these https://de.farnell.com/rean/nys215/audio-buchse-stereo-6-35mm-panel/dp/4079576
It i’ll be much faster.

1 Like