List of feature requests (MOD Dwarf)

No, it’s another plugin called switchtrigger4. With toggleswitch plugin you can have 4 outputs selected in parallel. With switchtrigger4 instead, you can have only 1 output selected.

3 Likes

Oh ! I’ve never seen this one ! Is it in beta ?
It seams like an evolution of the Switchbox 1-2 - MOD Devices, it would be great to have the same clear design like this :

And another one in stereo !!!

6 Likes

@redcloud isn’t this plugin in beta? That’s why it doesn’t appear on the website

4 Likes

Not sure if it has already been asked but I’d like to have a “scene template” or “sub-scene” that can be called by a custom switch and applied to current scene. The usage scenario is the following:

A. clean scene
B. crunch scene
C. rhythm scene
D. lead scene

For each scene I’d like to have a “sub-scene” that enables gain, disables delay and changes other parameters. Currently I have to duplicate all the scenes to have this possibility on all the scenes. And I need a bigger midi footswitch too to avoid jumping between pages.

2 Likes

A “morph” function (Kemper style) would be also useful.

What morph does is simply change a parameter gracefully.

Scene A: we have amp gain value = 50%
Scene B: amp gain value = 90%

Currently, switching scene A to B makes gain value changing directly from 50% to 90%. This creates some audio glitches often.
With morph function we could move from 50% to 90% at certain speed, interpolating values in between with a linear function.
Kemper allows value morphing in a 20 seconds range (more or less), so we could have the amp gain that moves from 50% (in scene A) to 90% (in scene B) in 3 seconds: 50% → 63.3% (after 1 sec) → 76.6% (after 2 sec) → 90% (after 3 sec).

7 Likes

You might be able to achieve this with the CV plugins. See what this user did for example: My new physical PedalBoard: Reduced to the max - #17 by Kim

6 Likes

Thanks but to me, it would be more useful as “general behavior” to apply on scene change.

7 Likes

Great feature request ! And beautiful way to engage it in the web-UI !

5 Likes

@redcloud do you mean something like the snapshots or something like the snapshots but also “snapshotting” the assignments. The second, I personally left a request for it a few weeks ago in our backlog.

I would say that this is a feature request for the feature that you asked before haha
For the morph, I would say that the CV plugins may help you like @unbracketed suggested (for now).

Overall (and being a simple user here) I would say that if these scenes include the assignments this is a really cool request. I must say that I’m not really a huge fan of the pagination system (and I guess the MOD Duo X is where I really get frustrated with it). When I’m building a pedalboard I try to make as many parameters as possible available from the device and by the end I always find myself questioning why I leave X parameter of Y plugin out and keep A parameter of B plugin. I feel that somehow if I could have snapshots of the assignments as well - maybe call it a scene makes sense - would make things way easier. That way I could have my EQ scene, my amps scene, my reverb scene, etc. and have all parameters of those effects available.

Am I going along your lines or am I just abusing your request to push my own and share a frustration that I have as a user? :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

For “sub-scene” I mean a set of parameters that can be set to current scene by pressing a single footswitch.

Considering following base settings

Scene A: AMP(vol=1db), CHORUS(0db), TINYGAIN(0db)
Scene B: AMP(vol=2db), CHORUS(-1db), TINYGAIN(2db)
Scene C: AMP(vol=3db), CHORUS(-2db), TINYGAIN(4db)

sub-scene: CHORUS(-7db), TINYGAIN(9db)

No matter what scene is currently selected, I’d like to apply sub-scene settings to current scene by pressing 1 footswitch.

So if current scene is A, selecting sub-scene will apply (and overwrite) following settings
Scene A: AMP(vol=1db), CHORUS(-7db), TINYGAIN(9db)

Then I choose to select Scene B and settings would be AMP(vol=2db), CHORUS(-1db), TINYGAIN(2db)

Then I choose to apply sub-scene and settings would be AMP(vol=2db), CHORUS(-7db), TINYGAIN(9db)

Then I choose to select again Scene A and settings would be AMP(vol=1db), CHORUS(0db), TINYGAIN(0db)

So sub-scene is a “temporary” set of parameters that sits on the side and is ready to be applied to current scene on the fly by pressing a single footswitch.

I suppose it would be “easier” to implement with currently available features by letting call a set of presets assigned to a single footswtich.

So I can have a user preset UP1 for plugin A, a user preset UP2 for plugin B, another user preset UP3 for plugin C and I want to load all of them via a single footswitch, no matter what’s the currently selected scene.

5 Likes

The only problem I see here is that with more than 2 channels you have to cycle through all of them to reach the needed one.

1 Like

If I understand correctly, what you want is the current snapshot feature with the added ability of switching to an arbitrary snapshot with a single switch press. Is that correct? (aside from the “morph” behavior you mentioned)

1 Like

Not exactly, I’d say a subset of scene settings because I want to change only a subset of current scene parameters. Switching to another scene would load ALL the parameters belonging to changed scene (which is not the wanted behavior).

2 Likes

Another example:

I have scene A (clean), scene B (crunch), scene C (heavy), all with delay, reverb and boost disabled. I want to have a sub-scene “LEAD” which enables delay, reverb and boost with 1 footswitch press, no matter which scene is currently selected. Sub-scene (or multiple user preset loading) would satisfy this scenario. Otherwise I have to duplicate scenes to have “LEAD capabilities” on each scene.

scene A (clean no lead)
scene A (clean lead)
scene B (crunch no lead)
scene B (crunch lead)
scene C (heavy no lead)
scene C (heavy lead)

A bit messy, isn’t it?

3 Likes

One more “nice to have”… sticky plugin (or sticky plugin preset) that doesn’t change parameters when the scene changes.

4 Likes

Yeah… That would be really nice but I think that this feature request deserves it’s own discussion topic.

4 Likes

Also, add a feature to put a bank/pedalboard/scene in readonly mode. This would avoid accidental changes that happen often to me :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hello @redcloud ,

thanks for this interesting feature request.

conoerning this:

I am sure I get your idea right in my head, but If you use these scenarios on a single pedalboard you could use pedalboard snapshots or do you want something else?

In my view it is just the matter of choosing the right preset and the method (via switches/one or two buttons/MIDI/encoder/you name it) you use for it.

In your case above would it be enough to set an encoder to the list of this 6 entries (choosing momentary default) but also to set a momentary toggle footswitch to “Move to next entry in the list”?

Greetings and God bless

3 Likes

Hello @redcloud

Nice idea. This should be saved into the current snapshot…by loading the current snapshot morph parameter x from whatever current value is to y in z amount of time.
Note this morphing would be executed on loading, so coming from another snapshot this would require some tweaking time. I could imagine it could get a bit weird if you use extreme settings.
I think instantly about acceleration and deceleration times on a rotary as an example.
But morphing delay time, tremolo, modulation effects and reverb might be interresting enogh, who knows.

You mean to set parameters as “safe” that cannot be overwritten while loading?
The “about to load” preset should then ignore the current setting.

Greetings and God bless, Marius

3 Likes

Exactly!

2 Likes