List of feature requests (MOD Dwarf)

the plugins are the ones setting the filename though…
but no problem, we can fix them.

3 Likes

btw @brummer was very kind and already did the fix https://github.com/brummer10/screcord.lv2/commit/533aae09e627c31cf102c4a6005019938e6a7f68

the version should be updated in the store, feedback is appreciated.
thanks

7 Likes

As I was using the Dwarf over the weekend, in a semi live (in a studio, but playing as a band) and wanting to change to a different pedalboard I thought that it would be nice to be able to store pedalboards that are not going to be used somewhere off the machine, such as on a PC or a USB stick. I know that I can share them, but some of them I would not want to share, such as ones that I’m still working on, however I don’t want them in the list of pedalboards when I’m doing a quick change - for instance I used just two pedalboards on Sunday, but had to find them in a list of 40 or so! So, local off device storage for pedalboards please!

1 Like

There is backup / restore option in the settings where you can copy off all your pedalboards. Organizing your pedalboards into Banks should help you too - put all the boards you want to use for an event into a Bank and then load that Bank on the Dwarf when you’re out playing. Pedalboard changes can also be handled via MIDI PC messages, so if you have any capable devices handy you can use that to reduce bending over (MIDI keyboard, extra footswitches, iPad, etc)

3 Likes

I know of the backup/restore option, but that is for everything, not individual boards. I know about banks, which is fine, but an extra layer of control needed, pick a bank, then pick a board. I just want to simply only have the boards that I want to use on the device and keep the other 60 or so elsewhere - it would make life much simpler! I do use a PC on stage, but it’s doing too much already to start bringing in pedal board changes. I appreciate that there are other ways around the problem but I see it as a reasonably easy change to make which would make life easer. As another thought, it would also be nice to be able to store plugins off the device, so I have those that I rarely use available if I really need them, even if I don’t have an internet connection. Just suggestions, I can work without it, but it would be an added thing that would make me love the Dwarf even more!

1 Like

I hear you. The only way I know to get the experience you want requires using the terminal to interface with the device. Using this method you can transfer files directly to and from the pedalboards directory on the device. If you’re interested I can help you find or write up a short tutorial

2 Likes

What is urgent and necessary for all Mod Device is a function that disable snapshot for a plugin, so when recalling a snapshot the plugin state doesn’t change.
I think it would be usefull for loopers, because we don’t want loopers to stop when changing snapshot, or for sequencers for example
Actually snapshot are unusable if we use a looper and we must use the Mod device as a pedal stomp. That’s a shame.

5 Likes

Another need is to have the possibility to delete factory plugin preset because many are unusable and it would make the preset selection more clear when using the Mod device.

3 Likes

It looks good now, thanks a lot!

5 Likes

Ability to swap/morph plugin by drag and drop. This will save time avoiding re-cabling.

In this example I would like to swap the cab plugin only.

14 Likes

Sorry, only just seen this - great idea, I don’t know why I didn’t think of it! I’ll have a look around when I’ve got some time, but it should be fairly straightforward, but thanks for the offer of help.

3 Likes

This is a great idea!

I would add to that the ability to drag a plugin and hover it over a cable to insert it in between but that can be tricky if there are multiple ins and outs. It would would have to prioritise them

4 Likes

Maybe “fast swapping” could be possible only if the plugins have the same IN/OUT layout. Or in case of multiple IN/OUT ports, pick one by default pairing the same side (L IN goes with L OUT, of course).

1 Like

A good idea!

1 Like

Also dropping the plugin on the cable will achieve a similar result (as already suggested by someone else). In the middle of the connection there should be an “hidden” spot, that highlights when the cursor is over it, where plugins can be dropped.

7 Likes

Again a cool idea!

2 Likes

great ideas and spot on explanation. These two features alone would save me a lot of time while test driving various pedal combinations. And please have some kind of automation to keep the mapped buttons or match them with the new dropped plugin.

3 Likes

yeah that’s the way! that would be super useful. I think there’s also a way to do it with multiple cables. I’ll make a mock up

3 Likes

Option 1
An invisible line is drawn between cables and when a plugin is draged over that it will consider the 2 cables either side of it and are considered a stereo pair. If they merge at one end then the behaviour changes depending on which end of the invsible line the plugin is draged over

=

or

=

Option 2
I think this is a more robust solution because the cables can be routed all over the place and can split off in different directions so it could make more sense to drag to the jacks.
There are invisible boxes around each jack AND between the jacks to form stereo pairs

=

or

=

I don’t think either of these options could cover every single scenario but it would be very hard to do that with such flexible routing possibilities

I do think this would make the vast majority of routing a lot faster and easier though

11 Likes

Great! I think option 2 is the least error prone.

3 Likes