Long preset lists are truncated when advising to a knob

Description

Advising a preset list with more than >36 presets to a knob does not work.

How to reproduce

1. Add ZynAddSubFX plugin
  2. Got to the setup of the plugin
  3. Press “assign all” and choose “Knob 1” or “Knob 2”
  4. Scroll with the knob through the list of presets. Only the first one (IMHO about 36) are displayed.

Expected/suggested solution

Also a list of thousand preset is not really manageable but e.g. for Dexed or other synths about 100 sound should be working.

Additional information

Open the controller menu (hold left knob down), navigate to Info > Versions and write down here the versions.

• version: v1.6.0
  • system: 69eb647
  • controller: bf9013f

Also provide some information about your system if possible.

• Operating system: Linux
  • System version: Kubuntu 18.04

I can confirm this for AirFont320.
It shows only the first 28 presets when assigned to a knob
starting (for this plugin) with 001:001 Acoustic Piano.

MOD Info>Versions as above.

Thanks for looking after this.

Greetings and God bless
Marius

Thanks for the bug report @mj_prod and @Codeman. This is a known limitation of this feature. In order to solve it we have to implement pagination in the Duo HMI (display), which currently doesn’t exist.

We’ll leave this as a bug here and try to address it in our next release.

4 Likes

Hi all,

is there a solution comming for this problem? It’s my biggest problems why I can’t use the MOD-Duo on stage.

Regards, Holger

Any news?

How is this fixed in the Duo-X?

1 Like

It’s not, for now.

But this is a software issue, not hardware.

That’s good news, so I hope the bug can be fixed soon. I was wondering how a longer preset list can be managed in Duo-X without this fix. My current problem is that (my) synths have many more presets than (my) guitars.

Regards, Holger

1 Like

afaik the code that cuts down the address content was not changed for Duo X, so it will behave the same for now.

Making the buffer larger is just a temporary (and naive) solution anyway.
No matter how many presets we allow to be loaded at once, eventually a new plugin comes up that challenges those limits (think of zynaddsubfx…)

From what I see, the correct solution will be to allow any number (within sane limits, like 9999?) and then use pagination to push data to the screen.
Right now we try to send all data at once, which was/is a mistake.