Hey @Skydiver, thanks for the input!
To be totally clear - my approach is to build a single plugin, with multiple loops internally synced. I believe this to be a better solution for technical reasons like keeping in sync, and being able to "move" a loop from one looper to another.
To summarize your workflow:
- 3 instruments (2 external, 1 internal synth)
- 4 looper clips
- at least 4 measures (16 bars 4/4) loop time
- Two buttons for controlling: 1) Start / play / overdub 2) stop
- Slave loop start (I intend to have all loops synced by default)
- Free loop start: How useful is this really? Do people use it ? I never do... convince me you need it!
- One shot / repeat : yep.
- External sync: I have no interest in this right now, but I understand the use case. Its technically difficult to achieve, and hence not high on my priorities list. I've attempted this before and found it very hard
Some follow up questions:
- How do you control slave-loop start vs free standing? Is it set when you record the loop, or configurable at any time?
- How do you control One-Shot vs Repeat?
- How many of the 4 loopers need to play at the same time? Just 1, or do you see multiple loops playing?