Looperlative - LP3 Basic

Hi everybody !
I just purchased the lp3 basic and gave it a first try in selfsync mode. I love it !
The 2 tracks/ 2phrases ergonomy is almost perfect for my needs.
The only fonctions that I would like but didnā€™t find are an Ā« all strat/stop Ā» button and a Ā« trigger mode Ā» to start the recording of the first phrase at the very beggining of the first note.
Do you think this type of improvments can be add to this plugin ?

Thank you a lot for all the work you do.

2 Likes

I just bought the TTAP. Very nice first impressions!
I was looking for more info on this. There is a manual of K-Devices Phoenix series of plug-ins (of which TTAP is a part of). The MOD version of the TTAP has a slightly different layout: basically, our top row of controllers is moved to the middle of the version in the manual. But it looks pretty much the same.
I have yet to check it out myself. Here is the link.

2 Likes

If you like K-Devices, there us the WOV plugin as well.

Iā€™m hoping their modulators plugins eventually get ported in

2 Likes

Iā€™m trying to run a midi keyboard through the looperlative into the dexedā€¦ and not getting any midi signal to make it through through the looperlativeā€¦ also tried with a couple other synths from the generators category of pedals. They work fine when going around the looperlative, nothing when going through it. Iā€™ve messed around with the midi port options in both the looperlative settings as well as the GUI. Am I missing something obvious??

Edit: I just moved it to later in the chain and put the post-generator audio out into it rather than midi to loop that channel, but I feel like I actually want the midi going through it for some purposesā€¦

there is zero reason why a midi signal needs to go through looperlative.
afaik the midi port output in there is for having a a few looperlatives synced with one another.

3 Likes

Do you want to play MIDI sequences to the dexed with the LP3 (audio looper) or just pass the signal from the LP3 MIDI signal to the dexed?
This is not possible with the LP3, for this you would need a MIDI recorder or a sequencer with a MIDI input which are - currently - not yet available for the mod.
I hope that something like this will come. :christmas_tree: :firecracker: :tada: :confetti_ball:

2 Likes

Can this looper be set up to start recording at the beginning of the next measure (synced with the device) a loop of a predefined length (in the way the ALO looper does it)? I messed around with the trial version a bit but couldnā€™t find an obvious way to do this, and I havenā€™t tried really hard because the ALO looper exists. I wouldnā€™t mind ā€˜upgradingā€™ to the Looperlative plugin - especially because the perpetual beta status of ALO is slightly concerning - but the traditional ā€˜guitar stompbox looperā€™ workflow isnā€™t really what Iā€™m looking for.

1 Like

I also can not sync to host or to midiā€¦ maybe a bug?

2 Likes

Forgive my ignorance, new to midi here. Bought a soft step 2 just for this reason and have been playing around with the LP3 and unless I missed something, canā€™t seem to figure out how to have the loops fade rather than just stopping. Can anyone point out what Iā€™m assuming is something really simple Iā€™m missing? Really looking forward to that PDF :slight_smile:

2 Likes

PDF is already there, open the plugin info and click on ā€œsee documentationā€ button.

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. I hadnā€™t upgraded the plug in so wasnā€™t seeing the addition of the PDF. Much appreciated.

2 Likes

The documentation explains the buttons and functions but I still donā€™t know how to record synced to the global tempo, like I did with ALO looper. Do I have to wait a whole bar? A beat? Does it start recording when sound is detected?

Iā€™d appreciate if anybody can explain.

Both of these work on my Linux test system. Iā€™ll have to try cabling my Dwarf for this and see if it works there. MIDI sync should be enabled through an unseen connection in the Dwarf. The host sync is based on host clock provided to the LP3. @falkTX can comment on how the host timing is established.

3 Likes

You should be able to do this through the feedback controls.

3 Likes

It starts on the press of the record button and ends on a multiple of the bar length. So, if you press play or record to end the loop, it will extend the loop to be a multiple of the bar time.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, Iā€™ll try that.

1 Like

BTW, Iā€™ve tried it with MIDI sync. MOD made special provisions in the host and MIDI clock is delivered directly from the MIDI port to the LP3. There isnā€™t any requirement to draw a connection on the UI. I tested this yesterday and all was as it should be.

4 Likes

There was a bug in host sync. I pushed a fix to that. It works similar to MIDI sync. Recording begins when you press the button. Recording continues until you press the button again. Track length is extended to be a multiple of the bar length. While playing, the loop is kept in the same relative position as the host timing.

BTW, an updated manual was pushed as well.

7 Likes

Thanks @looperlative, @falkTX and the rest of the team for this plugin! Iā€™m enjoying it a lot.

Later Iā€™ll play with the host sync :wink:

As a minor note, using the load track in the configurable trigger always select slot nr. 1 with any selected slot. This is not the expected function, right?

2 Likes

Iā€™ll take a look at it.

1 Like