Metronome Headphones

I’m yet to purchase a dwarf; but have now decided I definitely will because of this forum. Just gotta save up some money.

Is there a way to send the metronome plug-in just to the headphones and not the main outs? It’s not a deal breaker if I need to use another device and midi sync it, but it seems a logical option for these devices.
Cheers Jarryd.

4 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, the headphone out puts output 1 in the L and output 2 in the R.
So I think it is not possible to have it stereo in your ears and not in the 2 outputs.

You could use a metronome plugin to send to output 2
while your instrument goes to output 1?

(your headphone will need a 1/4jack and it will be only in one ear though)

1 Like

Metronome Description of Metronome: "Simple metronome plugin that clicks on every beat.
As is often the case here, this is a cryptically brief description that presupposes a certain amount of insider knowledge.
For the still unknowing (like me) who are wondering "where and how do I set the tempo (only on/off is visible) I recommend using the “Click” mentioned by @LievenDV. Thanks for the advice - I think you are not mistaken.

I have some empathy for those who need the plugin now.
I myself usually have a classical metronome (with pendulum and wind-up springs) when practising alone and a drummer during rehearsals and GIG’s. :wink: :wink:

1 Like

@Sharry . You will find the input of the tempo in the WebGui at the bottom right edge, where you will also find the assignment to the control devices.
Good luck! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Unfortunately no. The headphone’s output is a replica of the main outs and both are connected via hardware circuitry.

Indeed. Some of these descriptions were provided by the developers and some others were quickly (way too quickly!) put together. We already started planning and working on plugin documentation and probably this will get a touch. We are trying, for now, to get out a structure that works for all plugins.

1 Like