MIDI connection - Help needed osx / Mod Duo X

I work on a Mac Catalina 10.15.7 and whatever I try, I can not have the Mod Duo X appearing in the MIDI studio interface of OSX…

I connected it :

• directly to my Steinberg UR242 soundcard via Din MIDO cable (cable tested and working with other devices)

• Using the USB MIDI host connected directly on my computer

No idea what to do to be able to access the DUO X via MIDI…

The MOD devices do not work as usb audio or midi interfaces, at least not yet.
For sending MIDI from your PC to the unit, easiest is a USB to MIDI DIN converter cable.

I’m really struggling to understand Midi with the Mod Duo X and my Mac.

Within the Pedalboard I have one of the Step Sequencer devices and it is connected to the Midi Out. I have Midi Out from Mod Duo X to my Midi interface which is connected to my Mac.

In Bitwig, there is no Midi signal coming in from the Mod Duo X. Typically I would see activity monitors flashing to let me know I have a signal. I don’t get anything.

If I plug the Midi Out from the Mod Duo X directly into a synth however, it plays fine.

Why isn’t it working with my computer? I also don’t see any option to add Mod Duo X as a USB Midi device within Bitwig either.

?

I did a system restart and things seem to be working. Apologies. All good.

1 Like

That works for me. I had done what is under “Audio_Through_USB :: Using USB Audio Gadget”. Since then I can send / receive the modx and the computer (Linux) via USB MIDI. I didn’t control Bitwig with it because Bitwig uses Raw MIDI “snd_virmidi” under Linux.
Audio I had not tried further, because I want to use my RME AIO further, “-d net” makes that impossible IMHO. If then you want to use both (all) interfaces at the same time.