Midi Expression Pedal recommendations

The cheapest and smallest solution I’ve found is to get the Chocolate controller for about £25 from Ali express and plug a normal expression pedal into it.

This works for me and you get 4 extra footswitches thrown in, powered by the mod through USB, with a tiny form factor.

I’ve built my own auduino controller with 2 expression inputs (and 4 buttons and 2 knobs!) but the chocolate units much more pocket able and robust.

There’s a detailed post about using the chocolate unit on this forum. I’m on my phone so don’t have the link to hand but you can search for it

3 Likes

I’ve just checked Sonuus Wahoo and Voluum and they both work great using USB.

2 Likes

considering flexibility and extra opportunities, this seems the most interesting scenario in my book

Do you have a link for the Chocolate please?

downloaded the aliexpress app and search that for best price if not…

£19.88 50%OFF | M-VAVE Chocolate BT Wireless MIDI Controller Rechargeable 4 Buttons Portable MIDI Foot Controller Pedal APP Control Guitar Parts

Hope the link works

2 Likes

Thanks man.

no worries - dont forget exp pedal is backwards so you will need to adjust at the Dwarf

2 Likes

Here’s a link to the forum post - credit to @SrMouraSilva for investing so much time in it.

Note my little fix for inverting the Expression Pedal operation if it’s wired the wrong way around.

Here’s the link to purchase it on Ali Express - even cheaper than I remembered!
https://www.aliexpress.com/i/1005003192985706.html

4 Likes

A little late to the game here, but if you connect an insert cable (TRS on one end, splits to 2 TS on the other end) to your volume pedal, you can often use that as a makeshift expression pedal. I learned this from the JHS show. I’ve tried it out and it worked with at least 1 pedal that had an expression input (EHX Oceans 12).

2 Likes

The editor has been updated and now allows for inverse CC so can put the expression pedal the wrong way round to make it the right way round ; )

4 Likes

Can you let us know if it works?

Sorry didn’t see your message. Will check when I get home from work and let you know

1 Like

Here’s a cool way to use the expression input on the M-Vave chocolate:

5 Likes

That’s pretty cool.

Did try to get the inversion to work but no joy at present. Will give it another go over next xuple of days to see if I can work out why

There is a thing called Midi Solution Power Adapter to help with that…

2 Likes