Midi mapping parameters: Bi Directional?

arguments that start mod-host have changed, if you are on v1.11 you need mod-host hotfix-1.11 branch

2 Likes

Hi @falkTX,

Super, thanks for the info.

Andy

1 Like

Hi @falkTX

Out of curiosity what version is the master branch?

Is that the one for 1.12?

Cheers

Andy

1 Like

Hi @falkTX,

I have a working version on the Dwarf now for 1.11 that has bidirectional midi CCs from the ui knobs, snapshot loading and pedalboard loading.

Currently I have one midi_out in mod-host which I am connecting manually via jack_connect mod-host:midi_out mod-midi-broadcaster:in

The next step is to do automatic connections.

I am wondering if you would ever want to merge this code into your mod-host?

If not for me I am happy to just connect the midi_out to the aggregated port or all hardware ports.

If you do want it I am going to have to think of something a bit smarter as really for the separated ports the message should only be going to the originator.

Let me know?

Cheers

Andy

6 Likes

just open a PR against mod-host project.
hard to say if/when it will be merged, but having it public is the first step for anything.

regarding the auto-connection, you can just use jack_connect function in the C code, with special attention needed for the separated / merged mode.

6 Likes

Thanks.

I looked more deeply at the midi stuff, without major changes (multiple midi ins) I can see no way of seeing what the originator was.

So I guess sending the CC to all midi devices is the only way forward. I will add in connections like this.

One question though what is the g_raw_midi_port_list for?

4 Likes

for plugins that request raw midi access, typically for handling midi clock internally.
that list is the midi ports to keep track of in case another hw device appears, so mod-host makes the connection automatically

2 Likes

Hi @falkTX

Thanks for the info.

I’m struggling to get my linux setup the same as the dwarf, the in process clients mod-midi-broadcaster and mod-midi-merger are not loading from mod-host or the command line on ubuntu 22:

$ jack_load mod_midi_merger
could not load mod_midi_merger, intclient = 0 status = 0x 1

I have tried the normal /usr/lib/jack install and also /opt/usr/lib/jack, the files are there fine.

I know bugger all about jack and have not found much help on the internet, do you have any ideas?

Cheers

Andy

3 Likes

on debian systems, due to multiarch, path is like /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/jack/

1 Like

Nice one thanks, will look at that in the morning…

1 Like

Hi @falkTX

I have added in all the connection stuff seems to work fine on my Dwarf.

Cheers

Andy

9 Likes

Added another pr: Midi cc out nrpn by AndrewCapon · Pull Request #62 · moddevices/mod-host · GitHub

Adds NRPNs, also bi directional.

8 Likes