Midi message plugin?

@lfz,
This is exactly what I am looking for too.

If we can achieve #2 then we can achieve #1 by putting multiple Mindi’s on the pedalboard and assign a footswitch to each Mindi.

I :heart: Mindi!

1 Like

lol,
glad you like it.

@lfz in the git version you can just disable then enable again the plugin to resend the same message (which can make #2 possible), but it hasn’t been updated on mod (might still be a little while). You could maybe work around it by making another preset that sends a message that isn’t mapped to any function in ardour (or whatever device you are sending to) the going back to the preset you want to resend.

The rest of your request really relies on these features getting added to MOD. I hope adding a list of presets (pedal or pedal board level) to a specific HW switch becomes available soon. Even if that feature only works pedal board level presets, it can work by just having a PB preset for each mindi setting/message. If specific pedal presets could get mapped to HW switches, mindi could be quite powerful indeed.

Hi Spencer, I have only started to try to understand how to program LV2 plugins. I had a look at your mindi code on Github. As far as I understand, the Mindi is able to receive input from the footswitch controller. Is this correct? In the mindi.ttl file I could not see an Input Port / Control Port that takes the input from the footswitch controller. Could you briefly explain how the plugin receives the input from the footswitch controller? I thought the Input Ports / Control Ports 1 to 4 are Midi Input where the plugin listens to Midi input but does not receive input form the footswitch. Thanks for your help.

@deligut
Hey welcome!
So LV2 isn’t specific to MOD but instead provides a generic “control port.” Those ports are input values to the plugin (not signals like audio, midi, or CV, there are special ports for those). It’s up to the plugin host to determine how to set the value of a control-port, whether by exposing a GUI to the user, playing an automation track, loading a preset, or in the case of mod assigning it to a hardware switch. To the plugin its all the same, just a change of the control-port value.

ModHost specifically looks for the “Toggled” control property (see https://github.com/ssj71/infamousPlugins/blob/devel/src/mindi/mindi.ttl#L64) to know if it is a boolean on/off style control that can map to a footswitch. With that property it will offer that as an option in the plugin’s detailed control window. It’s then up to the user to map the footswitch to that particular control.

Does that make sense? Keep asking questions as you have them.

1 Like