MIDI metronome?

just wondering if there’s a plug-in that could act as a MIDI metronome, synced to global tempo… don’t want to eat up an audio output with the regular metronome plugin.

i could do it with one of the sequencers, of course, but was hoping for something lighter that would just output the same note-on event every beat.

5 Likes

this is a great idea - I can think of situations where this would be super useful…

1 Like

right now i’ve just got the MIDI step sequencer from @x42 driving my trusty Roland MT-32. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Did you find something?

For things like this you can look up yourself in https://pedalboards.moddevices.com/plugins

We added a metronome plugin some time ago. It plays based on transport information, so when we enable MIDI sync, it will play accordingly.

1 Like

actually i was looking for something that would output MIDI note events, not audio… so i can run a metronome externally, without eating up any MOD audio outputs. :slight_smile:

oh, that is something else indeed… sorry for the confusion.

I am not sure if there is such a plugin, but it is mostly because no one thought of it that much before.
The step sequencer kinda does that as you say :slight_smile:

2 Likes