MIDITools are unstable?

Hi MOD’s,

I have made a complex pedalboard and tried to upload, but I get an error because I am using unstable plugins:

Are the MIDITools really unstable?

Regards, Holger

P.S.: The pedalboard works for me really fine: it is a keyboard-split (split at C3, CH1:Bass/CH2:E-Piano) and a drumkit on channel 10.

I definitely do not like them to be used as is – those slider GUIs are not only ugly but entirely inappropriate to expose the settings at hand.

I didn’t even know those plugins were packaged for the MOD until now.

yes, they are “unstable”. the only reason being the bad modguis which are not proper for those plugins.
they need custom ones. the current ones are just a placeholder.

FYI if you update to 1.0.3 you can see which plugins are unstable in the store, so you can remove them :slight_smile:

@falkTX, @x42

thanks for your fast answers. Yes - the tool-guis take a lot of the pedalboard space. I do not use the controls directly on the pedalboard - I change to the parameter view. Perhaps this may be a solution? I think an on/off
knob is currently enough for them.

I have built several synths and multi layers with the tools - they are really nice! I hope they will get stable in the future, so I can upload some of my pedalboards.

Regards, Holger

As soon as they get somewhat decent modguis we’ll put them into stable.
The plugins themselves are stable, it’s just the interfaces…

This will likely be gradual though. There’s too many of them to do all at once.

Mostly done, still needs some refinement a bit of polish and double-checking… Here’s a teaser:

3 Likes

You are awesome @x42 !!!

by the way @x42

on the TTF files of the midifilter plugins, they are all into the “Filters” category.

I find it a bit misleading and would pretty much have them on the Utilities category.

What are your thoughts on this?

Congrats for the great work :slight_smile:

Upstream they are all a lv2:Plugin, lv2:UtilityPlugin ; since https://github.com/x42/midifilter.lv2/commit/7b5b24de07c

I never tried the ones on the MOD (didn’t know they were in unstable) - but the ones I compiled show under “Utility” on the MOD.

1 Like

I’ll ask @falkTX to upload updated versions to unstable tomorrow in order to collect some feedback from you guys.

Layout and design is something that still need to refined and become more unified – maybe some web designers here can help out. Also currently they all use the same box background (scaled client side) which looks a bit odd on stretched corners etc etc. But at least the controls are now proper.

I’m still not entirely happy since the MOD knobs are limited to 17, 33, 65 steps, while for MIDI one would also like 16, 127,128,129 integer steps but that’s something for the MOD 2.0.

@x42

wow! looks really nice!!!

Thanks a lot!

Holger

@x42 looks like somebody is having too much fun over the weekends :slight_smile:

2 Likes

more like a maniac Monday.
and since I needed to test them and I currently don’t have a working MIDI keyboad… Hooray Tuesday:

3 Likes

OK no longer. midi-filters with new GUIs are now tagged as stable.

Enjoy! … and keep sharing those pedalboards.

Super!!! Many thanks!

I am just in spain, but I will update and upload my pedalboards after holidays!

Regards, Holger