MOD control chain and Arduino shield - MOD Devices Blog

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at

On the things that are connected to the shield are called actuators. IMHO this is not the right term and could cause some confusion. So I would suggest to call them sensors, because these are thingies that interfaces between the shield and the environment. The actuator in this case is the MOD DUO itsself I guess because it acts upon the signals it gets from the shield.