Mod Duo and midi

Any progress on this ?

My main problem here is that it’s unclear what pedalboard (within a bank) is linked to what ‘program number’
I want to load a specific pedalboard for each song (still using Forscore on my ipad) but i dont know how to configure the program nr for a pedalboard, or how to find out wthat the program number for a pedalboard is.

‘Navigating trough’ the pedalboards is not an option since this is a relative operation and i need to load a specific pedalboard, not ‘skip to the next one’

Thanks for any feedback !
Thijs

3 Likes

This may help as a temporary solution for you:

I use an iPad with an Alesis IO Dock II that gives MIDI IN and MIDI Out to the iPad.

I then use a software called “Setlist Maker” on the iPad. This software displays the playlist and can send MIDI info to the DUO (and many other devices) when selecting a song. This selects the proper Pedalboard in my DUO for the selected song.

This setup has worked great for me for the last 6 months … Except the day when the iPad was directly in the sun while playing an outdoor concert and stopped working due to overheating … Lol !

Is it possible to use Midi for a virtual instrument while also having separate pedals affect inputs 1 and 2 for guitar?
And have it all come out of output 1?

(Mod duo x)

Yes, there are no imposed limits on the use of inputs and outputs, be it midi or audio.

there is a limitation on the use of CV (coming in v1.9), but that is something separate.
(to be clear, output mode is CV or headphone. and input is CV or expression pedal)

2 Likes

that is correct. changing pedalboards via footswitches and midi programs is disabled when the web ui is open.

I,
Same question as Thijs. I read in Mod duo user’s manual (page 20):*
"In the top-center of the screen, under the bank name, you can choose how you want to
navigate between the pedalboards of this bank when the MOD Duo is not connected to the
PC, Mac or tablet. There are two options: using the MOD Duo footswitches or using MIDI
program change messages".
But nothing appear “under the bak name” in the editor (Chrome).
Does it mean this option has been left?
Thanks

Thanks a lot!!
Your answer saves me a couple of hours -))
It works fine with KeithMc Millen soft step. (For the developers team): it would a good idea to change this topic, in the user manual.
Suggestion also for the developers team, due to the latency of pedalboards to load (that is not a problem by itself): to put a sign on the modduo indicating when the pedalboard is loaded and ready to play.

2 Likes

HI @pgobin and @phonaak,

I recently update the wiki page on this, removing this outdated paragraph highlighted by @pgobin. Can you have a look and see if it looks good?

https://wiki.moddevices.com/wiki/MOD_Web_GUI_User_Guide#Organizing_Banks

1 Like

hi @phonaak,

Can you elaborate on the problem you are having? What you mean when you say “When the web ui is connected, snapshot switching does not work.” ?

Leo,

1 Like