Mod duo as an audio interface

I know you guys are full of stuff to work on, but I’m posting this to see how many people are interested in using mod duo as a USB audio interface.

You, and I and everyboy else out there!!! :slight_smile:
The digital audio interface was one of the kickstarter strech goals - unfortunately not reached.
Surely It would be great considering inside that box we have a wonderful hardware and software.
But it wold require specialized engineering work - mainly for windows, once I guess for Linux it might be simpler because mod itself is a linux box.

1 Like

This is definitely something in the roadmap

But we won’t invest in this before moving to the mainline kernel.

The sunxi drivers are kind of a nightmare :frowning:

2 Likes

well, if it’s class compliant, then it should be the same for all platforms. The MOD team is plenty capable of this, but they have 1000000 things to do. Its open source, so if anybody has the skills and time, they could implement it. I don’t have the time so I’m happy to wait till they get through their long todo list. :slight_smile:

we have part of the work already detailed.

for linux and mac it is actually quite straight forward, as ALSA already has an Audio Gadget Driver and both OSs already have 24bit class compliant audio built in.

For the windows platform it is a bit more tricky as it depends on drives that will run on the windows machine also. We would certainly outsource these windows drivers.

I don’t have the skills nor the time, but I was interested in starting to study this

Yep also interested in having this (on Linux). Don’t have any ALSA driver development experience though, and very limited time too… But i’ll keep an eye on this thread, and see where things go :slight_smile:

If it was relatively simple would it not be worthwhile to get the Linux implementation up and running and deal with the windows and mac shit later? This might encourage people to try Linux…
Of course that could be seen as having the proprietary mindset we are offering an alternative to :blush:

3 Likes