Mod Duo started to freeze

Description

I tried to update to latest software yesterday. It didn’t work and now the mod duo when turned on, stays on the logo scren frozen and is unusable. Please help me asap … I need it tonight!!

How to reproduce

1.It was working fine, then I set up for the update to latest version following the steps as usual.
2. The next time I looked at the Duo, it was on the screen that shows the logo on left and Mod Duo text on the right. It stayed that way and has not changed. I left for 24 hours and still the same.
3. I then plugged out and plugged back in to restart it and it stays frozen on the same way.

Expected/suggested solution

Replace this text with how you would expect this to work.

Additional information

Open the controller menu (hold left knob down), navigate to Info > Versions and write down here the versions.

• release: I cant get into pedal to check
  • controller: I cant get into pedal check

Also provide some information about your system if possible.

• Operating system: (Mac)
  • System version: (Mac 10.12)

Likely a problem during installation. Should be easy to fix, follow these steps:

1. power off the mod
  2. hold down the left knob and footswitch
  3. power on the mod (while having knob and foot down)
  4. release knob and foot after 5 seconds
  5. wait until mod boots into recovery mode (the left screen will show a message telling to connect the mod to the pc, do that if you haven’t already)
  6. download this file: http://download.moddevices.com/releases/modduo/modduo-v1.3.1.333.tar
  7. copy that file into the new usb drive (provided by the mod). note: don’t extract it, just copy as-is.
  8. safely remove drive (via usual means), then unplug the usb cable from the mod.
  9. wait until the installation finishes

let us know how it goes.

That worked… thanks so much for your help and so quickly!!

5 Likes

Hi
i have the same issue but the mod does not enter in recovery mode… just the screen with logo and mod duo. Can you help me?
Rodrigo Cabral

Can you ssh into it ? What happens when connecting it to your PC ? Can you see the interface ?

@rocabras please don’t post on different topics if you start a new topic about your issue.
Let’s keep the discussion about your freeze issue on the new topic, Mod duo does not boot (freeze on logo / mod duo screen)