MOD Duo X

What I would like to know is if the first batch of units is enough to cover all the preorders. I’ve been waiting for this unit since last summer, but have actually only paid in March, so im concerned if my order would be either a week within the 27th, or months down the line.

Radio silence again.

Why the reluctance to show us the X in action if the only issue is that production hasn’t yet ramped up?

Howdy new to mod devices and this forum.

Is it possible to play a guitar/chapman stick and foot midi keyboard/normal keyboard through the one mod duo x?

Yes, it is possible using the independent in- and outputs. You can built a 2 different signal paths.

2 Likes

Dear @FearlessFreq,

Just chiming in here: there is no reluctance to show the X in action. We are preparing videos and there are some reviews from known publications and channels that will come out once the Duo X is shipped to them.

But, this, however, takes time to make properly and, as you well know, first we need to ship them :wink:

2 Likes

Mod Devices has already delivered in terms of quality, and have shown that quality takes precedence over a strict adherence to meeting projected deadlines.

I’m still eagerly awaiting getting my hands on the expression pedal, and I’m confident that when I get it that it will live up to expectations.

DP

4 Likes

Please ship to your customers first and later to the influencers.

2 Likes

I understand that sentiment, but if they only have 5, which customers get them?

On the one hand a customer is asking for demo videos which are made by the influencers and have a few weeks or more lead time, and on the other hand another customer says to not send product to the demoers in advance… they can’t win. I expect you’ll get yours not long after (if not before) the demos start hitting youtube.

2 Likes

That’s really great news to me, thanks for the update.
Congratulation on the 2nd funding round !!!
Honestly I was expecting a technical problem that required much more time to be solved :wink:

1 Like

Anyone’s order ship?

I’d love to know if they started shipping as well

I called them this morning:

As far as I have learned they haven’t start shipping. But they will ship this week.

1 Like

Hi @Klangzaun! We were announced in a series of publications. I’ll link some of them here. Novation listed us on the Superbooth Top 10 and Ask.audio has published an article on The 4 Coolest Things You Might Have Missed At Superbooth 2019.

https://novationmusic.com/news/novation-x-superbooth-top-10

https://www.bonedo.de/artikel/einzelansicht/superbooth19-mod-devices-kuendigt-auslieferung-des-mod-duo-x-limited-edition-an.html

It turns that several publications had already produced content on the Duo X at Namm, back in January. :slight_smile:

Hi everyone!

In case you haven’t seen the email, here is the latest Duo X update. :slight_smile:

Dear community,

We are back with another update regarding the status of the Duo X shipment. We are fully aware that we communicated the 27th of May as our kick-off date, but there was some necessary final software polishing which, unfortunately, delayed us slightly in our expectation. As we have been repeating through the entire Duo X journey, we would rather put ourselves in uncomfortable situations than release a product that isn’t up to our standards and exceeds your expectations.

We are happy to share that we recently brought back to our team the one-and-only falkTX, long-time collaborator and team member that had departed in 2017 and is now back in business with us. Falk has been putting some truly outstanding work into the final touches and helped give the last push towards the finish line. You can be assured that our technical team is putting all of their heart, sweat and tears into shipping the devices asap.

In order to offer complete transparency and some insight into each step leading to the moment where your Duo X leaves our Berlin HQ, we have decided to open a live-feed on our forum. You will be able to follow each small fix that is being processed, all in real-time, or simply ask a question. We have made it a priority to run this final sprint as transparently as we possibly can. Follow the live-feed here: https://forum.moddevices.com/t/mod-duo-x-last-mile-countdown

As the road turned out to be bumpier than we’d ever expect, we have ended up using all of our apologetic vocabulary. But we are positive that you share our excitement as the wait finally comes to an end. We know for a fact that this was all well-worth it.

Best regards,

Gianfranco

2 Likes

Did I read the articles correctly? The Duo X was ‘introduced’ and demoed, but the expression pedal was only announced? As in ‘ready to announce but not quite ready to ship’?

Hi @Dave_Parker
We have slowed the efforts on the Expression to dedicate full energy to the final stages of the Duo X. The collateral was not having it in shape for Superbooth. As we’ll be shortly finishing the Duo X process, our eyes and hands will be all dedicated to the Expression during the upcoming weeks.

Thanks! I’m sure the wait will have been well worth it!

1 Like

Hi all. Please forgive if this should be a separate topic. I’m new here and still learning.

I just received my Duo X. I love it. I’m really impressed. Is anyone here using the S/PDIF output, and is it working? I’m asking because I’m struggling with background noise on the analog outputs.

The noise I’m hearing seems to be related to processor activity (you can hear it change as you interact with the UI). I also believe it is the same noise @falkTX mentions in the thread “Release 1.8.0-RC2,” post 21. As he noted, the noise is reduced – although for me it’s not eliminated – when I set the display brightness to 0% or 100%.

I’ve been able to further manage the noise by being careful with input and output gains. If I increase input gain to just shy of clipping, then increase output gain to match, I get enough SNR that the setup is usable. The noise is still there, though.

My guess is this is a power supply filtering issue. Here’s my evidence:

• When I connect a (normally silent) RME BabyFace to the Duo X USB port, the BabyFace exhibits the same background noise.
  • If I connect the same RME interface to a nearby laptop, it’s silent until I connect the Duo X to the same laptop via USB. Then I hear a somewhat attenuated version of the same noise.

Assuming what I’m hearing is noise on power/ground, I’d expect the S/PDIF output to be quiet. Has anyone tried the S/PDIF output on the Duo X?

Thanks!

1 Like

The S/PDIF output is not yet working and @falkTX has mentioned that there are complications.

If possible, try a different power supply (with the same specs, of course).
I have had a similar problem with m y Duo X. The noise disappeared when I used an Elektron power supply.

UPDATE: It turned out that there must a ground loop in my setup, which caused the noise. Properly isolated, the MOD Duo X sounds absolutely fine.

1 Like