MOD Duo X

Hi there!
congratulations for the official release!
just ordered my DUO X and looking really forward…
but…couldn´t find an info anywhere: Is the CV hardware-support installed now?
greetings

Hi @20goto10

Welcome to the community!

Yes. CV is now fully working on the Duo X

Best regards

1 Like

I am loving my Mod Duo X and learning something new about it daily. However, I do have one minor complaint. The one I bought has an on/off switch and I understand that some do not. My only real issue is that the power cable is placed so closely under the switch that it makes it very hard to turn the switch off. Maybe in future versions the switch could be placed horizontally turning on and off by clicking it left and right instead of up and down.

1 Like

The ones with no switch were the Limited Edition version released before the production one.

Thanks for your feedback (both the good and the less good). We are paying attention to it.

2 Likes

I had no idea the duoX even had a power switch on the production models.

I am actually pretty happy to hear that it does. When my unit arrives I’ll have to see what you mean in terms of the orientation.

Hopefully it’s not too inconvenient.

1 Like

It’s not that bad, just use a pick or something.

1 Like

Is that the supplied PSU?

Have you noticed noise issues with the duoX at all?

I replaced the psu on the dwarf and it seems to have a slimmer plug which would help with the spacing on that switch.

my DuoX is from the Limited Edition run; the power supply is grounded. to get it really clean, i use DI boxes with the ground lifted. mine are Countryman Type 85…

Type 85 DI

2 Likes

Thanks plutek,

Seeing as the groundless double insulated PSU solved my issues with the dwarf, I’ll probably start there again. It’s the cheapest option at $13

I sent back my DI and other items after the new psu solved my initial issues. I got a camera I’m saving for so I’m keeping my expenditures down as much as I can.

3 Likes

Yes. This is the PSU that came with the device. I am getting some odd noises that sound like miniature cars honking their horns in the distance almost out of earshot. It is a bit annoying, but I can’t hear anything odd when I’m playing, so I’ve just ignored it. I don’t hear it with headphones on, but when I’m plugged into my amp or PA it is pretty noticeable. @Elk_wrath, I wouldn’t mind seeing a link to the $13 PSU you bought for the dwarf. Do you think it would work on the X?

1 Like

Hey Bruce,

Another user was having noise issues with connecting to an amp, and the new psu seemed to fix their issue as well.

This is the one I use personally with my dwarf, and I’ll be buying one for my duoX. It has plenty of juice for MOD devices and peripherals.

It may, or may not solve your problem. It definitely helped with my issue at least.

1 Like

Perfect! Thanks!

1 Like

No problem!

Let me know if it helps with your issue.

I’d love to make a poll to see how many people saw positive results using this style of PSU.

If there are enough people who see benefit, might be worth having the team investigate a new PSU supplier

1 Like

Great idea. I just submitted my order. Should get it by Nov 5th and I’ll let you know.

1 Like

Awesome!

Thanks Bruce!

I use the original power supply from the Mod Duo X.
Initially, I had from time to time crackling as well as some noise in the audio signal which has completely disappeared since the version update 1.10.

My Mod Duo X with original power supply (OS version 1.10) has no noise, everything (audio/audio via USB/SPDIF) works great!

3 Likes

That’s great to hear!

Of all the demos I’ve seen of the duox, it seems like it’s a pretty quiet signal.

I’m gonna hedge my bets either way, just in case haha

I wanted to check since I have a limited edition run version: will these ever get the CPU performance upgrade that came with the version launched a couple months after the limited edition run? I remember hearing that it was in the works like over 2 years ago but I haven’t heard anything since. I was quite sad backing the project early on and waiting for the production only for it to immediately become quite a bit more powerful a couple months after release for the same price.

@jon ^