MOD Insolvency and Reboot

Downplaying is casually saying “some things will not work”.

Those few things are maybe the best selling points of the device. The ever growing and improving library of plugins is what brougth me in in the first place.

Try selling a PC and say “you will not be able to upgrade the programs or install new ones, but apart from this, you will able to use your computer for a long time”.

3 Likes

I don’t believe anyone is downplaying the importance of the online/cloud features of the MOD devices. But saying that the device is non-functional because the cloud services are down is factually incorrect. You can absolutely use a MOD device with no cloud connection at all.

Does that mean that a user can get the most out of the device with no cloud services? No. You’re correct that much of the value of the device is in the cloud services. But, these are two different statements. @acunha was simply addressing the concern that MOD gear isn’t functional without cloud services.

10 Likes

So are we all!! (or at least a number of us. Those who are not would still benefit, though.)

These are really tough times – says a person also closing out his business and with no current income. The investment in money pales in comparison to the blood, sweat and tears that went into your project.

Not trying to be a prophet or internet pacifist-guru here:

Whereas

is true, I don’t think @acunha is “downplaying” anything. He goes as far as listing what’s not working as of now:

In other posts, @falkTX is describing how this functionality will come back to life even if it all fails.

We all need to be patient now. I too don’t have the RC3 firmware in my DuoX and have no way of obtaining it for the time being.

12 Likes

… and in fact even without cloud we’ll be able to upgrade and install new plugins. Not so easy and straightforward as with the cloud, but possible indeed

11 Likes

I chose a terrible time to reset my device.

I cleared out all of my plugins and didn’t re-download all of the plugins to my pedal boards. I just need like 10 mins of cloud access to download everything and I’m good.

Will we get cloud access back? Even for one hour to download our plugins?

3 Likes

The company is currently insolvent and legally not allowed to operate. That means the cloud can’t be brought online currently. The amount of time doens’t matter

If the reboot is succesfull then it will come back online.

If not, then there will be some kind of discussion about alternatives.

In short, unfortunately for now all you can do is sit tight

4 Likes

Hi @QuestionMarc

I think that someone shared the MDX 1.12RC3 firmware here:

5 Likes

Thanks a lot @rogeriocouto, it’s there indeed. Actually, even the RC4 (which I didn’t know existed!)

3 Likes

:warning:Wait! :warning:

That is a 1.10 Release not the latest!

4 Likes

Duh! Stupid me!

The 1.12 rc3 is there though.

Thanks again!!!

4 Likes

FYI and for other people with a Duo X, at least in mine the 1.12RC3 doesn’t boot on my unit (keeps stucked in update mode), sadly I had to roll-back to good ol’ 1.11…

Sad to hear these news BTW, hope there’s a good future for the company and the MOD ecosystem, although we electronic musicians aren’t “as good as fretted ones” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

v1.12 does not support duox limited edition units, triggering the behaviour you describe as fallback in case of mis-installation

6 Likes

C’mon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just “twisting” you main message :wink: … BTW @gianfranco I’m deeply sorry about this situation, I wish you the best. I’m sure that having a HW company of a niche market like this one it’s a hard mission in a “normal situation”, so nowdays must be 500% worse…

4 Likes

Makes me feel like a mean person :slight_smile:

Thanks!

4 Likes

In the case that MOD gets “reborn”, allowing Duo X LE to enjoy the new perks would be great :heart:

BTW Wish you the best @falkTX

3 Likes

@friedsilence provided an update here about why that, unfortunately, can’t happen due to the hardware

4 Likes

hey @danielrm! i’m also a Duo X LE user, and would dearly love to upgrade to a regular Duo X… at this point, i still have faith the company will reboot successfully, and will eventually meet all three things i’m waiting on: Dwarf, Expression Pedal, and regular DuoX!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

…i’m in no rush. i’m patient. i’m optimistic. i believe in the MOD team!..

11 Likes

Just checking, is also the Max Gen~ cloud down at the moment? It was still working two days ago but now I get errors even with the example patches when using the Modwatcher.

3 Likes

Thanks, TBH I’ve been a time away from the forum and the betas… I didn’t read this post at that time, so as @plutek says let’s hope you guys continue in good terms as company and I would think about this promo to the LE guys (I suppose you have stock right now but operations must be stucked).

As a compromise to the LE users, your promo was great :+1:

3 Likes