MOD Reboot: We made it!

Congratulations @gianfranco, supporters and to us all.
I love my Mod Duo X. Long life to MOD AUDIO UG

3 Likes

Thank you @QuestionMarc . That clarifies a lot. I am a patient person, so time isn’t an issue. It’s more that I don’t miss out on the possibility to get a unit in the future, because I missed a post on this forum that requires me to take some action.

Given the situation, I don’t mind getting no unit or, paying more to get a unit sometimes in the future, as long as I don’t have actively monitor all the conversations and threads.

3 Likes

hi @mno!

note this comment from @gianfranco in another thread:

…not sure where you sit on all the issues, but if you’re interested in helping the new company as much as possible (and are happy and able to do so!), it seems that paying the 150€ to get your Dwarf sooner is the best option! :wink:

cheers, and thanks for chiming in!

4 Likes

whens the cloud server gonna be back up?

It is the 1st post of this thread…

4 Likes

If my understanding is right @mno, all you have to do is fill out the survey and you won’t have to check the forum.

If you have not received it, please write MOD directly.

3 Likes

What a relief, a huge congratulations

4 Likes

To everybody asking for the cloud to be back up, we’re actively working on it. There are a few things that we need to get in order first, but I expect it to be back as soon as we’re clear on making payments to our cloud providers. Technically speaking it’s not difficult, just need to clear some bureaucracy first. You’ll be hearing more from @gianfranco or me soon.

24 Likes

Excellent news!
Well done, all x

5 Likes

Congrats @gianfranco!! Are very good news for the community :slight_smile:

3 Likes

During the last update my mod duo x seems to have taken the wrong turn somewhere and now doesn’t start up properly.
I have tried to contact gianfranco and the support, I have visited the former mod Berlin Studio, but couldn’t get in contact with anybody of the mod team.
What can I do?
Just need it software checked by somebody, who knows the unit.
Happy to pay for it, if we get it starting again…
Thanks in advance :pray:

1 Like

I’ve seen a few people trying eagerly to get support now that the reboot has been declared as successful. Just bare in mind that there is a lot or bureaucracy to deal with to get a new company up and running (especially in Germany) . The old company doesnt exist anymore. I would just say to have some patience. I’m sure they will be able to help you out soon but i imagine they have a lot to catch up on

7 Likes

Hey @kevplaysbass! This one is on me and sorry for the situation. With what happened I was forced to hold on to your case so you would not end up with your device stuck with us in case of what eventually happened (fortunately the reboot also happened so we would be able to “unstuck it”). Please DM me with the info about the case if you can screenshot or forward me the emails that we exchanged (I can give you my new address in the DM’s if needed :slight_smile: ). Since we lost access to Zendesk, I’m afraid that I will not be able to fully check the history of our conversation.

Cheers (to MOD Audio :slight_smile: ),
João

3 Likes

Don’t worry, we will send an email to remaining backers, and most likely share updates on Kickstarter and Indiegogo (and here) when the time comes. Just be sure to wait for it and keep an eye in any of these places

2 Likes

Hey @nomilian,
Please DM me as well with your case. For now, it is the best solution.
I will try to help you sorting that out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What will happen with money owed to developers from apps sold on the store? We have no statistics on what was sold and therefore have no way to petition the court for payment. Also, I believe that the new company needs to reach new agreements with developers because we never agreed to do business with the new company. Will somebody be reaching out to us?

16 Likes

The plugin statistics are all there, but unfortunately were not delivered to all plugin partners. It needs manual processing as the old agreements defined the payout after payment fees and tax which vary by country of the customer. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to keep up while we have all those extraordinary things happening and nobody there to delegate it to anymore. However, starting fresh now, I want to switch to a simpler agreement which allows for easy automated sales reporting.

Let’s discuss this and how to handle unpaid old plugin sales in a call. DM me with a suggested time please @looperlative and others affected. I’m already on it with some and it would be nice to have this done next week until we bring back the cloud.

That said, the cloud cannot come back this week already as desired. We have prepared as much as possible on our side but we could not pay the cloud service providers yet. Not for liquidity reasons anymore but hurdles and bureaucracy still with banks and authorities. Don’t worry, we are on it and it should be solved very soon.

21 Likes

Hope the reboot is moving forward. I understand that it may take a while to clear up everything so as to get the bureaucratic bits in place.

Still, it would be nice if MOD could outline the next steps and goals, and how you intend to turn things around in the longer term.

For instance, it’s already been told that this is a “runway” period, with more funding being needed further down the road. Also, that the contractor is (obviously) constrained at the amount of units that can be produced. Therefore, what’s the outlook for sales revenue? In what situation will the company be financially speaking further down the road? And most importantly, how will the ‘ecosystem’ be maintained from this point on?

(BTW, I did not receive a communication regarding the transfer of funds, is that already happening?)

7 Likes

I’m glad you posted this up because I don’t have the time to keep ferreting through all the relevant threads on here to find out what’s going on. Already I’ve found loads of info I wasn’t aware just poking around today. I think that now it would be a good idea to centralise what’s going on in thread, and on Kickstarter/Indigogo for ease of communication.

5 Likes

Quick update:

As of today, MOD Audio is listed in the German company register. A change of ~100 bytes in a public database costing us ~1 k€ but legaly unblocking everything for us.

That took longer than expected. As advised by our insolvency lawyer, we bought a shelve company to speed things up and avoid personal liablity risk for @gianfranco and myself with the asset deal. The company seller advertises “be operative in 24h” and already said honestly on the phone it’s like 1 week in practise. Well, it took 3.5 weeks and some undesired extra steps in our particular case.

But anyways, I’m glad to be over that one-off hurdle now and can see the final stretch of the German bureaucracy marathon. Now as we have banking finally, @gianfranco will be sending out the final contract and transfer information to all community investors. While a lot of things already got rolling, now we are fully operative!

We will issue a press release on the reboot tomorrow, honoring also pretty much the support of you all!

28 Likes