My implementation is based on the latest CSS specs I know (like css variables, available for about 60% of the population).
Even relatively recent devices can not work, as most likely Carla.
What I have here is more proof of concept. It is risky MOD Devices to replace some things and decrease compatibility with web devices.
Of course, ideas can be adapted. For example, the problem in chrome can be easily solved (while Google itself does not solve) if the path of the images is absolute, rather than relative. Css variables can be partially replaced by SASS, LESS or a manual processing like - I think - is done by MOD.
What he was really trying to bring was:
- Create a simple html to represent a pedal - not that the current form is complicated;
- Give the possibility of choosing the color you want or the background image you want;
- Do not limit the amount of knobs;
- Possibility to create the effect with html and see the result (the dabblet site in the first forum post).
And about the Mod project as a whole: (below I just clever thoughts on the project)
- Decrease the need for a python server for static pages -> Leave client-side processing; It can unravel - possibly insignificantly - the Modduo
- Remove jQuery;
- Use of ECMA 2016 (class, let, const ...)
Anyway, I have some thoughts on the implementation and I would like to share ^^
I like what you are doing since I am really rotten at web development.Thanks for making strides in this department, I hope they continue