Mod won't boot after manual install

Maybe there’s some issue with the last loaded pedalboard that triggers in 1.1 and that is not present on 1.0…

@Dave_Parker do you remember which pedalboard loaded up when you rolled back to 1.0.6?

I don’t. If I try the 1.1.1 update again I’ll note what it is.

Good news, I was able to reproduce a similar issue with 1.1.
Apparently the automatic recovery of data partition (being there just in case something goes wrong) is not working correctly.
I was able to manually fix a bad partition, but the automatic system failed.
Investigating…

@falkTX, thanks for the update. Glad to hear you might have a repro.

Hey guys.

Kinda have the same problem now. Recieved my MOD today, played around a bit.
After turning on again now it’s stuck on the loading screen (left: logo, right: “MOD DUO”). Only thing i did differently was connecting a second USB-Device (Footswitch) while connected to the computer via USB as well before turning off.

Sorry if my “bug report” doesn’t fit the requirements, just wondering if you can give me some quick pointers. Thanks!

Edit: After 1 day, still stuck on the loading screen. Pressing the left knob+button doesn’t do anything for me. Can’t figure out any way to reset my MOD. I was so eager to play with it… bummer. :frowning: i really hope anyone can help me.

we’re working on a solution for that.
in the mean time you can try to reinstall 1.1.1, follow the steps here http://wiki.moddevices.com/wiki/Troubleshooting (same as in “MOD boots into restore mode by default”)

sorry for the inconvenience.

Tried it several times now. Everything according to the guide.
But the mod stays on the startup screen.
Anything else i can do?

EDIT: I can see you’re working hard on the fixes now, but still - even if you have one i still have the problem of not being able to update my mod since it’s stuck on the loading screen and doesn’t respond to the “hold left knob and switch” option. The only way i see now is sending it back to you guys to fix it.
I don’t mind a couple more days but it’s kinda cruel now - i had it in my hands… :wink:

thanks for you hard work

p.s.: in case you were wondering if i’m full of s***, here’s a quick video of me trying to start the mod: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eu8kszkr43gk68u/20161025_125638.mp4?dl=0

Are any of you unable to make the MOD boot into “restore mode”?
ie, when you hold the left knob and foot down while powering on the mod, does a text message appear on the screen? (after around 30 seconds)

@domlo thanks for the video, that confirms your mod cannot even enter recovery mode :frowning:

We have a special method for doing a full factory/reset of the MOD Duo, but it only works on Linux and Mac OS.
If you’re ok with this I can send you details over PM.
Otherwise we can arrange for your MOD to be sent back to us (in Germany).

@domlo, for what it’s worth, I was having a similar problem, and sometimes I needed to hold down the buttons for much longer than five seconds after plugging it in before it would try to reboot, maybe 15? Though in the end I needed to do a full factory reset.

@falkTX sent you a pm.
I would prefer the reset method over mac.
Thanks!

@tolmark12 thanks for the pointer, but as of now i have tried everything that’s possible for me

@jalbrecht did you try 1.1.2 yet? any difference with it?

I just tried it now but no luck. The first time I tried it, it booted back into the manual install plug usb to the computer (blue leds) screen. So I copied 1.1.2 over to it again and this time its just hanging on the logo screens as before.

@falkTX Got my mod last week and got it already totally screwed up.:slight_smile:. The mod just stays in the logo stage, no matter what firmware version I manual install. So is it possible to sent me the factory reset instructions too? That would be great. BTW: played all week with it and i love it.

I’m not sure what caused the problem, but can it be that it was my old phatboy midicontroller sending a continues stream of midi controller messages while starting up the Mod , ?

/

@hanslas please try to manual install 1.1.3, it should fix those issues for you.
See instructions here http://wiki.moddevices.com/wiki/Troubleshooting (under “MOD boots into restore mode by default”)

You need 1.1.3 for this.

Sorry to disappoint you, I tried this procedure again (with 1.1.3) but it doesn’t help.

Do you have linux or mac? Do you know how to run a few commands if we post instructions to it?

I can handle Linux as well al Mac. I guess most of the commands will look familiar. Thnx so far.