MOD X as a MIDI sequencer for Digitech Whammy DT

Could you make an example pedalboard with this? It would help understand how I should proceed with this.
Thank you for your help!

I’m trying to get mine working…

I am using Mindi to send signals but my Whammy DT isn’t doing anything…

Is there a setting that needs to be changed to make the Midi work?

I’m having trouble getting it to work with the Dwarf.
I pulled out my Duo and it works fine. Can’t get it to work on the Dwarf.

Does the 1/8” midi have limitations that affect the way this works?
Do I need to go with a USB to Midi connector?

the 1/8" midi dongle needs to be Type A, I believe. I recently returned a set that was wired as neither A nor B. I’m unsure if the Dwarf works with Type B, as it is less common on more recent equipment (so I read).

2 Likes

Thanks!
I didn’t know there were different ways this dongle can be wired…
I ordered a couple from amazon and it says they are type A. I should have them in a couple of days.
The ones I have are from my Novation Circuit and I just checked on Amazon. Anything showing for Novation Circuit says type B…
I wish I knew about this before… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I had the same experience! I wish I had known before buying the adapters, too!

1 Like

I’ve spent some time on the topic and I found that the easies way (to me) of making midi seq for whammy DT is to use midi sequencer > Midi to CV > Mindi > MIdi out.
Sequencer sends Midi from 1 to 127, then it is converted to CV, then CV controls PC number of Mindi. It is really easy way to controll a whammy. Since Sequencer lets to save user presets it is possible to make some sequences and save them, so you do not have to create them all the time, but can load them using knob or button in MOD.
Next step would be to make sequences with glide, I have some ideas on that so when it is finished I will put some notes about creating it.

2 Likes

@Lukasz, I’m happy that you found the solution!
Sorry that I didn’t share a pedalboard with you first. I had this thread open to create and send you one, but I guess with the help of @Skydiver and @malfunction54 you went there faster!
Thank you a lot guys (this is what makes me proud on this community! :slight_smile: )

@Lukasz and @Skydiver go ahead and share those pedalboards. With internal or external Whammy this is actually a pretty cool use-case for the MOD platform

P.S.: yeah @Skydiver be careful with the TRS adaptors that you get…especially from Amazon. They may state that they are type-A, but in fact they are not

1 Like

ok I got it working on Whammy DT without Mindi.

The test sequence is dreadfull but just working on what notes give me cc values.

G9 IS 127 and C -1 is 0

2 Likes

I’d love to try it out :smiley:

1 Like

ok dumb ass morning!

just open up editor on the sequencer and you can set the 0 - 127 rather than try and guess the note!

Face plant!

…and yes sounds like Primus playing southpark theme.

Be interesting if we can post a few sequences that are a bit more erm musical and share the love.

2 Likes

Which interval has you chosen? 2 oct up?
Using PC commands is more laborius but you know which note is played :wink:

you can stick it on anything. Oct up down seems the vilest ; )

I know what you mean about PC on the Whammy DT , so clumsy. I did an editor on TOUCHOSC once for it but needed to be plugged into a computer to bridge, although you could stick your phone on your guitar like Matt Bellamy and wifi across to laptop.Was cool for a few minutes then I realised Im well over 40 so stopped!

2 Likes

dont forget this is MIDI so you could send out to anything that will accept CC , My HELIX is taking a pounding fro the Dwarf as you map to whatever you fancy…delay times etc.

1 Like

It makes lot of options. I plan to use my PC controller with different external effects as Sonuus wahoo - it can make many crazy sounds, why not to play few crazy presets as a sequence :wink:

1 Like

you might have to use snapshots to prevent delay on loading but yes works a treat.

If i can work out how to upload an audio file I will show you oct up down, reverb mix and treble all being sequenced. I sound like Elk!

1 Like

I used seq as a controller of parameters, really nice feature. LFO works also great for automating effect’s patrameters.

1 Like

one thing that I can not understand - why whammy dt has a bypass on every interval? Why not to make one global bypass for DT and one for whammy section? Instead of that there is as much bypass PC as many intervals can be set.

yep pain in the ass. Im looking at MINDI at present to try and bypass and select but completely lost at present. If I work it out will update you

1 Like