More TAL Plugins? Pretty please!?

Hi,

On some recent recording sessions I have been making much use of the TAL LV2 Plugins especially the TAL Dub III and the TAL Reverb II (a plate reverb emulator). These are both excellent guitar plugins, the Dub III especially excels at low down n’ dirty Dub reggae sounds. Since we have the TAL-Noisemaker in the MOD universe is it possible to port more TAL plugins into the MOD? I personally would pay for these if commercial implementation was the only option…

Also a huge thanks for the recent firmware upgrade fixing the buffering noise issues in the Duo, I had done the hardware fix as well and when using my MOD for acoustic shows the silence is bliss!

5 Likes

Hello @GMaq,

I was a bit confused because I both own the Mod Duo and the ModX and use the Tal plugins within the Duo a lot. Indeed there are no recipes to automatically install them inside the DuoX, although they are shown in the beta plugin store. Maybe they have to be optimised and recompiled for the ModX?
I wrote a message in the forum a while ago here

Maybe one of the developers in the mod headquarters can tell us when they will be available…

Greetings and God bless, Marius

1 Like

Hmmm,

If you’re saying all the TAL stuff is in the beta store then I guess I better have a second look and enable that on my Duo, thanks for the hint! :smiley:

1 Like

Hello @GMaq,

I don’t know how many TAL Plugins are already ported to linux, but besides Noisemaker I can see following on my Mod DUO from TAL-Togu:
TAL-DUB-3, TAL-FILTER, TAL-FILTER-2, TAL-REVERB, TAL-REVERB-II, TAL-REVERB-III and TAL-VOCODER-II.

Hi @mj_prod,

We indeed had to recompile everything for the DUO X. The package containing the plugins you mentioned was indeed not yet recompiled. I did compile it this morning, so now they are available for the DUO X as well.

6 Likes

Thank you, @BramGiesen

for the effort you all make at Moddevices headquarters for the MOD community.

3 Likes

superb!

1 Like

Hi and thanks! @BramGiesen

I searched in the Beta plugins and now see them, last night I was having problems with my MOD Duo not finding the bundles to download is this perhaps because you were working on them?

Also is there any ETA for the TAL set to get nice new (or at least regular MOD UI’s) like the NoiseMaker?

1 Like

Oh, new shiny Tal UIs would be wonderful.
I guess someone has to (re-)draw and render them for the plugin shop. It would be nice if they could look like the originals on the Tal software site

1 Like

Hi @GMaq @mj_prod, unfortunately I can’t really provide an ETA for this at the moment. But I will update the plugins to use our regular MOD UI’s soon.

Small update, I’ve pushed new versions of the TAL plugins with MOD SDK GUI’s to the BETA store.

3 Likes