After syncing my DuoX to incoming MIDI from my Duo, the DuoX is stuck at “NaN BPM”, regardless of what sync mode I set, or how many reboots I perform.
How to reproduce
- Set Duo sync mode to Internal
- Put the MIDI Clock plugin on the pedalboard and connect its output to the Duo MIDI output. (I used “Clock and Start/Stop” mode in the plugin)
- Connect a MIDI DIN cable from the Duo MIDI out to the DuoX MIDI in.
- Set the DuoX sync mode to “MIDI”
- Run the transport on the Duo and change the tempo while it’s running.
- The DuoX transport starts, and its BPM follows the tempo changes coming from the Duo for a short time, then the BPM display shows “NaN BPM”.
- At this point, I haven’t found any way to get the DuoX out of “NaN BPM” – it still starts/stops transport (both internally, and from MIDI sync), but it will not take a proper tempo from either sync method, even after numerous reboots and recalls of the Default pedalboard.
- If I attempt to put in a tempo using the text input box (even in Internal sync mode), the tempo display is constantly refreshing to “NaN BPM” – as soon as I start to input any text, it’s overwriten with “NaN BPM”.
BPM and transport should reliably following incoming MIDI clock/transport, and should certainly not get permanently stuck in the “NaN BPM” dysfunctional state.
- Duo release: 188.8.131.523-RC5
- Duo controller: 94E4A28
- DuoX release: 184.108.40.2064-RC5
- DuoX controller: 94E4A28
Also provide some information about your system if possible.
- Operating system: Manjaro Linux
- System version: 5.2.10-rt5-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Tue Aug 27 12:55:52 UTC 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Later Note: I’m also occasionally getting a “Bug! Couldn’t set new sync mode” notice on the DuoX, when I try to switch between Internal and MIDI. This happened even before I got stuck in “NaN BPM”, but is not consistent; a lot of the time, it switches sync modes just fine.
Also: CPU load pegged at 100% right after the DuoX got stuck in “NaN BPM”. Since re-booting, the CPU load looks normal, even though BPM is still stuck.