Netjack pluggin

Ho ! Gorgeous !!!

Love the idea and simplicity! Should this go into the wiki?

2 Likes

This has been added to latest test release.
Creating a file in the root filesystem will enable the netmanager, then simply loading “jackd -d net” on your local pc will make it work, no need to restart any services or load netmanager manually.
Still, it’s an advanced experimental feature. Will put it on the wiki when 1.4 gets a release candidate.

3 Likes

I tried it (with @Azza’s approach) and did not notice much of an increase in CPU load. Cool!

Sorry to ask, but where again do we find the test releases ?

It’s for the testers group only.
I asked sometime ago who wanted to join this group, Test users wanted

We’re currently testing the new features coming in v1.4, which is mostly control-chain.

Do you want to be part of the group too?

I am not sure I will have enough time to make really useful contributions, but I wouldn’t mind being part of the group.

Great script! I got it running here and could record some stuff from mod <3! But now when i look to my pedalboard it looks like this (it should have 4 plugins connected to each other), even after restarting mod, and its failing to connect to MOD Cloud too:

When you say “now”, you mean that your pedalboard started looking funny as soon as you ran the script, or after you recorded your stuff, disconnected/reconnects etc…? If you give more details about the sequence of events, that might help understand what happened. Also, did you stop the script ? restarted your PC etc…

Which flavour of Linux do you run ?

Sorry for being vague. By ‘now’ i mean after running the script (I had some trouble at the beginning because the script wasn’t coming back from the ssh, but after trying and fixing it I tested right after a reboot running without stoping) and doing some recording, when I tryed to change the pedalboard i noticed that. Im using an Archlinux,

Better to wait for 1.4-rc1, I added some minor things and checks that help this case.
There are still 2 issues with it, which I think are minor (and this is all experimental/testing anyway):
1 - pedalboard thumbnails don’t show connections from/to slave ports
2 - when loading netmanager after the mod has been started (ie, running jackd after the mod boots), the gui might show some connections which have not truly been made yet. Reloading the current pedalboard fixes it.

Because this is still being experimented with, those 2 small issues will remain.
Things are already usable in 1.4 as it is.
(I’ll let everyone know how to enable this on its official release post)

My mod-ui is now showing any plugins now with the exception of some pedalboards showing, this is after restarting everything, also it shows 'Failed to connect to MOD cloud" on the update button. Any ideas of why that could be?

mine is looking fine (on 1.4.0.353).

v1.4-rc1 is out, the first public release with this integrated:

I’ve updated the wiki page regarding audio through USB to match the latest changes:
http://wiki.moddevices.com/wiki/Audio_Through_USB

1 Like

What is the --opus option for jackd ? My version does not seem to recognise it !

Also, I’m now running 1.4.0.370-RC1. I can’t see the slave ports on the Web UI. Have I got anything missing ?

opus option is for audio compression, so it sends less data over usb.
not all jackd builds have this, depends on your distro. under a normal desktop distro you might not have this option enabled.
kxstudio has this though.

if you read the wiki page, there’s some bits you need to run inside the Duo, via ssh.

Acutally, I have run the ‘touch’ and systemctl commands.

running jack_lsp -cpt on the mod shows that network is working. It is just that the ports don’t show in the Web UI. So I still need to do the connections manually via the mod’s shell.

Thanks for your answer anyway.

maybe you named it something other than ‘slave’? that would explain the missing ports.

I just used the command line from the wiki, without the compression option.

I’ll give it another go and will let you know the results.