MOD - Audio to CV Pitch

Thanks @Nashorn - yes that’s a good plan B. In fact I originally thought that was what @danmh was suggesting until I read it properly.
I’ve got a Roland VG99 and a GK3 pickup on the melody side of my stick, so my usual synth bass solution is to play the synth bass parts on the melody strings through the VG99 and that works well. But the Dwarf is so nice & compact - it would be great to do it all in that…

4 Likes

Minor bug found: It doesn’t like having the CV port labelled.
This is a shame because with the port labelled, the infamous mindi plugin can read it and output midi notes from it…

2 Likes

Yeah, known issue. @Steven_VE found it shortly after we released 1.11.5 so it was not part of that bugfix.
If you tell me your mod unit type (duo, duox or dwarf) I can give you a build with the fix in PM, before 1.11.6 or 1.12-RC1

5 Likes

Man, you are ON it!

I am using a duoX.

Thanks for all your work.

3 Likes

For those that would like to try a simple guitar synth patch on the Duo X, here is another minimal GSYNTH board with Duo X adressings:

I will soon create a more deep version that leverages more of the Duo X’s cpu power, hopefully later this week.

//Jesse

6 Likes

Has everyone here seen the newly released Guitar Synths?

10 Likes

Dear mod team, let me just tell you that the Audio to CV plugin is the most awesome plugin you have made so far. The possibilities are almost endless. You have already shown a lot with GuitarSynth, but also in the field of effects plugins you can do a lot with it and again things that are not feasible with any other device. This small, new and at first very theoretical sounding plugin multiplies the possibilities of the whole mod platform! Congrats for that!
I honstly have been waiting for this plugin since I have the Dwarf…

12 Likes

Thanks you so much @Kim :slight_smile: It’s really nice to read that!
Especially because we believe a lot on that plugin and have a really similar perspective as you on it. It really sky rockets the MOD platform to a complete new level!

Being more personal about it, there are devices in the market that just do that and cost about the same as the Dwarf. And I believe that it’s worth…but as you know, the Dwarf does much much more!

8 Likes

Combining this module together with Cardinal is a lot of fun :wink:

5 Likes

I think a video with a guitar → DuoX → any analog synth could be quite an ad !

8 Likes

And still with guitar → DuoX → Audio to CV Pitch → Cardinal.

6 Likes

Now we just need a CV expander for the DUOX so we can start hooking up more modular kit :smiley:

I’m using a CV.OCD to convert midi into CV, haven’t tried cardinal yet to see what it can do

4 Likes

As promised, here is a deeper version, once again built for the Duo X.

//Jesse

9 Likes

Coming soon :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I have a cv.ocd as well, but Befaco just came with https://www.synthanatomy.com/2022/05/superbooth-22-befaco-ac-dc-an-open-source-4x4-audio-interface-for-eurorack.html … would be nice to have this as a cv-module inside MOD (or just as extra i/o on the sides?)

4 Likes

We’ve been thinking about it, No promises of course :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Oh man! That thing is awesome!

One day I hope to have the finances to support a modular addiction lol

That would be an awesome thing to have as even a desktop unit to pair with the MDX.

I don’t know anything about the control chain stuff, but I wonder if that could be used for a CV expander.

2 Likes

Well that’s my suggestion, to use it for CV.
(can do audio as well, should be configurable then. in JACK/MOD CV and audio are treated differently. to protect your speakers :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

I agree. And I will really push to get that done :wink:

Experimenting the MOD Duo X with CV gear recently, I must admit that i felt the same need.

That would be the coolest option.

2 Likes

I spent a WHILE last night tailoring the gsynth mix board to my electric violin. All I can say so far is that between the routing possibilities afforded and the lessened strain on my back, the mod dwarf has proven to be one of the best music tech investments I’ve ever made :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

9 Likes