here is a small installation manual for a LV2 port of Dexed (a simulation of the famous Yamaha DX-7 ™ FM-Synth) for the MOD-Duo.
IF YOU INSTALL THIS PLUGIN, HAVE IN MIND THAT IT IS (CURRENTLY?) NOT SUPPORTED FROM MODDEVICES. IT RUNS FOR ME, BUT I GIVE NO GUARANTEE FOR NOTHING!
Currently only Linux installation manual:
- Start your MOD-Duo and connect it via USB to your PC.
- From a shell do the following:
curl http://www.parasitstudio.de/dexed.lv2.tar.gz | base64 | curl -F 'package=@-' http://192.168.51.1/sdk/install
- On the MOD-Duo web page you should have
Generatorsection. Pull it to the pedalboard, connect it and play. You should hear the FM-Rhodes sound.
The Factory sounds are the ROM1A-Bank. You can install own SysEx data:
- Get and install dxsyx on your PC:
git clone https://github.com/rogerallen/dxsyx.git
- Get SysEx-converter->lv2 script:
$LV2_INSTALL_PATH(line 34) and
$DXSYX(line 30) to your paths.
- Convert your SysEx file(s) with: ./dx7sysex2lv2 SYSEX1 [SYSEX2 …]
- Copy converted files to the MOD-Duo:
scp -r <directory_where_my_converted_sysex_files_are>/* email@example.com:/root/.lv2
After reloading the MOD-UI you should have your converted sounds available as user presets.