[OLD] About the Help/Questions category

Users and developers asking for help (other than bugs and features).

Users and developers asking for help (other than bugs and features).

Is there an online user guide for the Duo X?
I am new to the platform and very excited to gather knowledge on this incredible device.

https://wiki.moddevices.com/wiki/Duo_X_User_Guide

Hello, Iā€™m new. Iā€™ve a Duo X and Iā€™m not able to use MIDI USB. Only serial midi works for me. I tried in many ways, attached to Keyboard, to PC, to Mac, to an Hub but doesnā€™t work.
I also tried to change the cable.
What could be wrong?
Thank you

It seems I am not allowed to start a new thread.

What do I need to do to qualify for this?

Sorry for posting it here, but I do not find how I can start an actual thread in the help category.

My new Dwarf just arrived in time for christmas, so I unpack it, plug it into a power outlet, and connect the usb cable with my Linux desktopā€¦

But the USB ethernet thing ( I heard about that but never actually used it) seems not to work just out of the box on Linux, and the manual(I am not allowed to post the link here, says the forum softwareā€¦ but I looked into the wiki page " MOD Web GUI User Guide" and " Dwarf User Guide" - Iā€™d like to propose that Links to moddevices pages would be allowed for easier communicationā€¦) doesnā€™t mention Linux at all.

I also see no further information about using the dwarf/GUI with a Linux desktop - neither here, nor in the wiki, nor on the web in general.

Iā€™m a bit surprised - an Open Source device that requires me to use Mac or Win for the web GUI?
But surely I must be missing something, there is a solution for this, I hope?

and sorry for the ā€œdoesnā€™t workā€ post without an actual description of an error:

after connecting the USB Cable to my computer, I would expect top be able to access the GUI URL as described in the GUI manual wiki page.

But trying that gives me Bowser error about the site being unreachable.

dmesg says:

"[510903.006802] usb 1-2: new high-speed USB device number 28 using xhci_hcd
[510903.136801] usb 1-2: New USB device found, idVendor=0525, idProduct=a4a2, bcdDevice= 5.10
[510903.136807] usb 1-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[510903.136809] usb 1-2: Product: Dwarf Ethernet
[510903.136811] usb 1-2: Manufacturer: Linux 5.10.33-rt37-moddwarf with ff300000.usb
[510903.160833] cdc_ether 1-2:1.0 usb0: register ā€˜cdc_etherā€™ at usb-0000:00:14.0-2, CDC Ethernet Device, d6:1f:3e:b5:22:02
[510903.160880] usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_ether
[510903.160904] usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_subset
[510903.168456] cdc_ether 1-2:1.0 enxd61f3eb52202: renamed from usb0
[510909.944542] usb 1-2: USB disconnect, device number 28
[510909.944712] cdc_ether 1-2:1.0 enxd61f3eb52202: unregister ā€˜cdc_etherā€™ usb-0000:00:14.0-2, CDC Ethernet Device
"

so it seems to connect and disconnect again.

Finally I found the solution:

after trying to get it going on a Mac, where it also didnā€™t work until i restarted the Dwarf, I tried the same on Linux, and it helped.

I added this to the UI Wiki pageā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m glad that you found the solution :slight_smile:
Iā€™m sorry for the late reply. We are pretty much all off this week and itā€™s taking a bit longer to answer and find answers

1 Like

Hello people at Mod,

I received my Dwarf a few days ago, itā€™s a wonderful machine, thanks.
Just one question about the licenses added for the bakers, how is it possible to activate these plugins?
ModDwarf No MDW01P01-00869

Best regards

Jph

Iā€™m having some problems with the audio player on my MOD DUO. I uploaded the file (a 192 kbps mp3 of 59 seconds. About 1.35 mb).

I put the player on my pedalboard and press play, without the loop. The first time it plays, it goes perfectly. But from then on, sometimes it works, sometimes it delays the sound, and sometimes it doesnā€™t work at all. I thought maybe it was because of the file size, but Iā€™ve seen it happen in smaller samples hereā€¦

Is anyone else encountering similar problems? This plugin doesnā€™t have many settings so I donā€™t know what to do. Maybe it is a bug in the plugin?
Thanks!

Yes, Iā€™m experiencing similar problems on the DWARF too. I found that it only works reliably with LOOP turned onā€¦ in effect, for the couple of live shows Iā€™ve done recently, thatā€™s given me an additional task to do for each audio file I play: remembering to turn it off so it doesnā€™t start again during a setā€¦ the whole MOD ecosystem is so good for people like me who are performing multiple tasks on different instruments on stageā€“ā€“and seeing the audio file plug actually helped me decide to go for the purchase.

Would be so great if that could be looked atā€“ā€“so I donā€™t have to rebounce all the audio files with dead space on the end!

Thanks.

1 Like

hello friends, I bought the Moddwarf a week ago but the IP address 192.168.51.1 does not respond
somebody could help me?

Hello @Sikotropikal,

This is not really the best place for this type of question and because of that it almost got missed.
I raised your trust levels, can you please post it on another thread?

Can i please get approved for starting a thread so i can try and sell this unit?

I just raised your trust levels.
I guess that you are trying to sell one MOD deviceā€¦sad to learn about that.

Can I help you with some hard time that you are having with it?

Hello everybody,
Iā€™m a happy new owner of Mod Dwarf.

Iā€™m trying to individually assign every key on my midi controller to different parameters across different plugins. For example some pads to one plugin, half of the piano keyboard for one midi instrument and the other half for another. There is a way to do this?
I couldnā€™t even find a way to visualize Midi messages, I saw the ā€œMIDI displayā€ plugging but I think is not available anymore (I have already configure the Dwarf to accept beta plugins).
Any recommendations for this scenario?

Thanks in advance!

My bad, now I saw how to install the Midi Display, but still I want to learn how to have more granular control of midi maps.

Hi @Jon,
New Dwarf user here:) Iā€™ve just joined and cannot find a way to start a new topic. I see similar complaints everywhere hereā€¦ Is there a FAQ section we all miss? :slight_smile: Any approval to pass? Iā€™m eager to join the community! Thanks in advance!