Pdlv2 error

Hello,
I am a long time user of Pure Date and I really want to turn my patches into a plugin for the Mod Duo. I have followed the instructions from the GitHub site but I keep getting this error when I try to build the plugin:
libpd/z_libpd.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

I don’t understand why I get this message because I can see that this file is located in the libpd directory on my computer. Any ideas? I would really apriciate any help :slight_smile:

Are you experienced with compilers and build systems?

If not, might be better to wait until we automate this.

Not really, but I am eager to learn. I have already spent a lot of time figuring out how to install all the requirements before you can make the plug-in. I feel like I am getting close so It would be a shame to stop now. Do you have any idea about what I might be missing?

I have no idea what you did before, so can’t really say.

Did you setup mod-plugin-builder yet?
There’s already a pdlv2 package there, which is known to build (and work) correctly. Just has a few issues that need to be sorted out.

Hi Asgier,

It sounds like your include or linker path isn’t set correctly. Strangely enough, either A) include or B) linker path not finding the libpd source causes the same error on many compilers.

As next steps, I recommend investigating what your include path is usually set with the capital “i” switch for your compiler: -I If that includes /path/to/libpd/include or similar, then its probably the linker path.

The linker search path can be checked by looking at the -L (capital L) switch to the compiler. This should point to where the .a or .so of libpd is.

Hope that helps! -Harry

Thanks for all the help.
I installed the mod-plugin-builder now and It seems to be working fine. If I type “./build pdlv2” it builds all the pdlv2 demo plugins and they end up in the mod-workdir folder. But I have not figured out what I have to do to build plugins from my own PD patches. Is there a specific place where I have to put the .pd file? or do I have to include the name of the file in the ./build command?
I am sorry if this is a stupid question. I hope you can help. I am really excited to use my Pd patches on my Mod Duo. It is the only reason I bought it.

As of right now, you’ll have to fork the pdlv2 repository (the one from moddevices) and modify the makefiles, plus put your pd patch inside instead of the examples.
Then update mod-plugin-builder pdlv2 package to point to your forked repo.

Eventually we’ll have a scripted way to do this, but for now it’s only for testing out the base pdlv2 code.
You cannot run 2 instances of the same pdlv2 plugin at the same time right now, which is a major issue… We need to fix that first.