Pedalboard constructor, search field masking categories

when searching for plugins, the search field masks the last categories of the plugin list, like “utility”. It’s annoying, please make something about it.
Also the search box is not visible when the browser window width is smaller than a certain size, annoying when i.e. the window is docked on one side of the screen.
Thanks for your attention.

2 Likes

What version are you running? This was already handled a couple of releases ago.

Full size:

When a bit smaller, the number of plugins per category is removed:

Can you show how it looks for you? Thanks

3 Likes

thanks, I forgot to attach my screen capture, here it is. The hiding occurs when the search field is unfolded, in order to type text inside. then if I look for results in category “utility”, I am unable to select it. I am using up-to-date everything.
Capture

2 Likes

Assuming you’re using a device with a keyboard, you can hit the ESC key to dismiss the search box. The search terms remain active and the results remain applied even though the search box has been dismissed.

3 Likes

thanks for your help ! I was only trying to click somewhere else to change the focus.
Still, why the hell do you have to hide the search request in order to see the result ? In my opinion there is a design problem here.

1 Like

In all likelihood, the UI had not been tested in a situation where the search box would overlap. I had not encountered the issue until you mentioned making the UI half-screen and I tried it out.

2 Likes

it’s not only when I dock the window, it’s all the time because I work on a not-brand-new screen with a probably lower resolution than the programmer’s one ; but this screen works perfectly so I don’t buy a new one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep! Makes perfect sense to me :slight_smile:

1 Like