Pedalboard issue on v1.9.1


I’ve just upgraded to v1.9.1 and my workhorse pedalboard now just consumes all the cpu on my modduo, the cpu meter goes to 100% and flashes red. I’ve uploaded the board here

How to reproduce

  1. Backup all user data
  2. upgrade nand mod duo to v1.9.1
  3. restore user data
  4. reboot
  5. go to pedalboard

Expected/suggested solution

Pedalboard used (I think) between 40% - 60% cpu before upgrade

Additional information

I’ve tried switching to other pedalboards that come standard with the unit and it seems ok

  • release: v1.9.1.1464
  • controller: mod duo

Also provide some information about your system if possible.

  • Operating system: Linux
  • System version: Debian stable
1 Like

Oh, update. Sorry as soon as I posted that I realised that the frames value wasn’t preserved, I’ve switched it to 256 frames and the cpu dropped to 75% which should be usable. However It did run on 128 frames previously but would just max out to 100% occasionally, which is why I always ran on 256. so it seems there may be performance issues?

1 Like

The kernel is quite different, so the way it schedules tasks also changed.
So some tasks will be handled better, some will be slightly worse.

Do you recall what was the average CPU load of that pedalboard with 256 frames on the old kernel?

1 Like

I see exactly the same with this pedalboard, although as with @pjd, switching to 256 frames brings it down from solid 100% to around 74% which perhaps could be similar to how it was before the upgrade. I don’t ever remember seeing any of my pedalboards reaching a solid 100%, but it’s possible that I switched to 256 frames a while ago and then forgot about that option, so I can’t say for sure that there’s any degradation in performance here. I definitely need a Dwarf to handle my needs comfortably though!

It’s difficult to say for sure what the cpu load was, I haven’t used the web interface with this board in a while as it’s just my standard board with clean/overdrive channels.

From what I remember the reason to switch to 256 was because at ~75% it would occasionally jump to 100% and cause glitches. After the switch I remember it maxing out at 65% but I could be mis-remembering.

The good news though is that I’ve used it with 256 frames yesterday and today and it all seems fine.