Pedalboard naming

Description

There is strange behavior with pedalboard naming. My default pedalboard received the name from my other pedalboard, and now I’m not able to change that.

How to reproduce

Not sure, but looks like something about MDX usage when connected via USB.

Expected/suggested solution

No idea

Additional information

• release: 1.10.0.2142
  • controller: 09D8C77

Also provide some information about your system if possible.

• Operating system: Windows
  • System version: Windows 10

There really going something weird with the naming of pedalboards when MDX connected to PC. Now I’ve found that if I turn on MDX when it is plugged in USB, my pedalboard instantly receives the name of the default Pedalboard. It looks like how system default board received the name of on my experimental “exper”. Which now always assigns to last loaded board.

very very odd…
are those the only pedalboards you have?

From v1.10 there is a “dangerous” section on the webgui settings where you can completely delete all pedalboards.
This might work as a just fix for this.

Can confirm. Yesterday i created a pedalboard with the name “logic”. Today when I turned MDX on (connected to PC) in the web GUI displayed the name as it is Default pedalboard name (“EXPER”). And at the same time, on the device screen of MDX name is “logic”. I will try to flash pedalboards and restore them.

UPD: Well, i just reflashed everything. After erasing all pedalboards Default is Default. BUT. When i restored everything back, again “Default” is “Exper” and this naming issue still present.

I’ve tried to reproduce this bug, but it is not consistent, and i still not understand the steps to recreate it.

Can you PM your backup data please? I think somehow something went wrong with the default pedalboard which is causing all of this.
I should be able to find out what is wrong by looking at the same backup you put back on and generated the issue again.

2 Likes

Hi! Any updates? I PM’ed you my backup data.

I will look into it this week.
Already downloaded the files, so feel free to delete them.

1 Like