Please extend the polyphony of noisemaker-ME

Noisemaker-ME is limited to 4 voices. Maybe this was put in place for the Mod Duo, but the Duo X should be capable of more polyphony.
It would be great if this could be extended to 8 or even 16.

2 Likes

Hi @buyallthesynths, this limit was indeed put in place for the MOD Duo. The DUO X could indeed handle more voices. I’m going to look into this and see if we can extend the amount of voices for the DUO X version.

4 Likes

Can the plugin know which one it’s installed into?
Or know what processor it’s working with?

If not, making it user selectable would be nice. :+1:

1 Like

That’s great news, thank you.

Well the plugins for the DUO and DUOX share the same source code. But in the build process there are two separate plugins created, one for the DUO and one for the DUO X and it is possible to set custom build options per architecture. I’m testing it now. I will post an update here once the changes are ready to go.

4 Likes

Any news on this?

@buyallthesynths Yes, I have done some tests with it and I believe it’s almost ready, but it still needs some tweaking. I will resume with this next week.

2 Likes

Great, thanks! :slight_smile:

@buyallthesynths, just a small status update, I have been able to have a brief look at it. But I still need to change a few things before it’s fully ready. I will let you know when I have made these adjustments, I expect this will be at the beginning of next week.

3 Likes

I have done some testing, and I have finished the adjustments to the code. I will push the changes to the plugin store this Thursday. I will post an update here once the plugin is in the store.

2 Likes

I have just updated the plugin, the drop down for the amount of voices is now displayed in percentage. So you have “mono”, "50%, “75%”, “All Voices”. For the DUO “All Voices”, is still 4 voices. For the DUO X I’ve set the max amount to 10 voices.

2 Likes