Plugin behaves differently that on a linux computer

Hi.
I am trying to get my new plugin Plujain Ramp https://github.com/Houston4444/plujain-ramp full working on the Mod Duo.
Something is strange and makes noise whit use of Speed Effect lower than normal speed (it can plays the tremolo period two/four times slowly to make an octaver). The problem clearly comes with the creation of inter-samples at lines 612-625 in file https://github.com/Houston4444/plujain-ramp/blob/master/src/Ramp.cpp .

The curious thing is that on a linux computer, on all tested hosts (jalv, carla, ardour), there is no problem.
I suppose it comes from compilation differences, maybe someone could see something in code that could be weirdly interpreted by a compiler.

If you 've got a solution to debug a plugin on the mod duo I take it too.

Cheers.

1 Like

Didn’t know if that would help for your plugs, but I need to build my plugs for the use on the MOD all with the
-mfpu=vfpv3
flag added to the CXXFLAGS. Otherwise I’ve strange beehive like you mentioned above.
in fact I use:
-O3 -march=armv7-a -mfpu=vfpv3
in addition to my usual optimisation flags.

thanks.
But It seems to not be that.
And I also see now that that is not the only one issue.
It’s so hopeless…

Is it the first plug you try to get running on the MOD? I ask, because I wonder how familiar you are with some specific beehive of the mod-plugin-builder environment.
So, for example, without clean-up the previous build in the mod-workdir direction, you’ll end up with your previous build installed again. And a couple of more fail’s been included, which you never think about on a non-cross-platform build. :fire:

Hi,

Just want to say I listened to your Demos and I’d LOVE to see this plugin come to the MOD, it’s a perfect balance between the freebie Tremolos (TAP) and the WOV commercial one. I understand how frustrating things can be when working with the development side of software but I hope you can get some assistance with getting the issues figured out (I wish I could help…:confused:)

Nice work!!

I think I use correctly mod-plugin-builder. because it’s always the same steps I made this little shell script to deploy my plugin (local build, no call to github).
#/bin/bash

plugin="plujain-ramp"

cd ~/mod-workdir
rm -R plugins/${plugin}.lv2
rm -R plugins-dep/build/${plugin}-*

cd ~/codes_sources/mod-plugin-builder/plugins/package/${plugin}/source
make clean

cd ~/codes_sources/mod-plugin-builder
if ! ./build ${plugin};then
    echo "build raté"
    exit 1
fi

cd ~/mod-workdir/plugins

if ping -c 1 192.168.51.1;then
    tar cz ${plugin}.lv2 | base64 | curl -F 'package=@-' http://192.168.51.1/sdk/install
else echo "connecte ta mod couillon"
fi

However, I am not very very familiar with C++ (that’s my first quite big plugin) and I wonder if I don’t make mistakes, something that could be differently interpreted by different compilers.

Thanks GMaq, you can already try the plugin on a linux computer, it works well.
Note that I made the Demos before to have the idea to add speed effects (octavers), which increase possibilities.

1 Like

Great!

I will compile from GIT and have a look this week, I have a TC Electronics Pipeline pedal that I would like to emulate in the MOD and Plujain Ramp looks perfect!! Thanks so much for your time and effort to develop it!

Good new.
I had to change this part of code for another reason, and this now seems to correctly works on the mod duo.
I still have a little bug but I am sure it’s a bug from mod-host, so I put it in another thread.