Plugin for recording midi?

Hi

I can’t seem to find a plugin that allows me to record midi input, have I missed something, or does anyone know anything about an upcoming thing? :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance
Theo

No, but this would be nice to have yes.

I mean technically ALO is a midi recorder but it only does short loops.
You mean like to record a whole performance and be able to play it back?

1 Like

Ah I will take a look at ALO then :slight_smile:
I was thinking of some way of being able to make drumloops on the fly.
Instead of preprogramming it in the step sequencer.
I think a midi looper will work, so I will look at ALO now :slight_smile:

Ah as I see it ALO doesn’t send midi, so if I record some midi into it it won’t be able to send it to a drum-plugin, right?

And also to be able to record midi cc to use to automate settings on the pedal or on external devices.
Also in loop format would be fine.

Maybe a midi in/out looper with the possibility to save the loops for later

1 Like

Hey Theo, so a quick reply for you is that no, it doesn’t exist.
Going a bit more in detail this was basically because you couldn’t store data (in this case MIDI files) inside your MOD device. But that just changed a couple of days ago with the release of version 1.10 of the firmware. Now you have file handling. That means that a plugin like you are requesting will be possible to develope “soonish” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I guess my post is more kind-of-a wish plugin-post! I really like the new update, gives so much more life to the unit and Im looking forward to see how developers are taking advantage of the new abilities :slight_smile:
Do you know anything about zynaddsubfx, will it be updated now or will it keep its current form? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Theo, so the only update that we have regarding the zynaddsubfx is that is going into labs.

well, on v1.10 you should already be able to use it fully with the desktop remote UI.
It is not the best experience for sure, one the rest of the team is not comfortable with enough, so it will have to stay in beta/labs for now.

In theory, it should be possible to build zyn-fusion with webasm and have that in pure html/js, but I have no idea how to even start on it at this point in time…

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile: